Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana White on Chuck Liddell - "If he still wants to fight, he can fight"

I dont think anyone with a passion for their job should have it stripped from them like that especially for someone whose given so much to the sport. One thing for certain I would rather see Liddell serving as a gatekeeper than Jardine.

The problem here however is that Liddell wants to be a champion again so keeping him from the title probably wouldnt fly to well.

lol i don't thnk it'd be hard to keep him from the title. getting knocked out over and over and over and over does that nicely by itself.

I hate to see ufc debuts where a noob beats a legend, I've seen enough upsets.

Quote Originally Posted by pa99ortiz View Post
    Great find, mark my words Chuck Liddell is not done fighting.
    As Dana hints: money talks. It is very very hard for these guys to turn down a lucrative deal. it doesn't matter WHAT sport you are talking about.
    "If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

~ Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    lol i don't thnk it'd be hard to keep him from the title. getting knocked out over and over and over and over does that nicely by itself.
    See that's the thing for me.He has continuously called it"My title" for so long,even after he's lost it.So I wonder,will he be willing to go to the lower guys and work his way back up,like I think he should?I love Chuck Liddell but at this point I think if he continues he has a long haul ahead,unless he just wants to retire on a win.I personally think if he chooses to fight again,he should try a redemption fight against Jardine,I think he should ask for that fight.If he wins,he goes out avenging a loss,and if he loses,well then whatever.I kinda wish he'd retire myself.I get really excited when he fights,something makes me want him to win.It's like that mystique,you know?You watch that dominant fighter,and when he starts losing more than winning,you go,"He'll come back,he's in a slump."So every time they go out and get beat,especially in the manner in which he keeps getting,why,your heart breaks,just a little bit

icemanko Guest

I think he will take about a year off, keep on training, training other fighters, and come back in the heavyweight divison. I don't think he is done fighting, but again, if he is, he had a great career. About being punchy, I don't think so...

i think having chuck on a card where the focus isnt on him entirely would be a good idea. it may take some of the pressure off a bit. i mean think about it, he may be ready to fight again, but he is ready to go through all the media hype, the pr interviews, etc.? does he wanna get asked a million more times "is this ur last fight?"

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I love Chuck Liddell but at this point I think if he continues he has a long haul ahead,unless he just wants to retire on a win.
    I think that retiring on a loss is probably whats lingering in his mind, I'm sure being the champ for a long time, he pictured himself to retire while on top, so it's probably a tough pill to swallow IMO

But I personally don't think he's going to retire and I hope he gets that rematch with Jardine

Nice. Thanks TS.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Thread Information