Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White on Chuck Liddell - "If he still wants to fight, he can fight"

I think it's clear Chuck wants to fight still, because if he really wanted to retire, he would have done it by now. Now whether or not that is the right thing for him, I do not know.

Wandy vs. Chuck II would be fun to see. A dream match wouldn't be a bad way to go out (disregarding Chuck/Wandy II). That just leaves the question of who to fight, whether it be Wandy or not.

I see what you're saying. I think it could be a couple things though. I mean it could be that he's not ready to retire, but he doesn't have a fight in mind right now. Maybe he just wants to leave the option open instead of making a retirement statement.

Lots of fighters (cotoure is a good example) like to 'say' they are retired, then come back one twice etc etc etc. But I don't see Chuck being that way. I think if he says something, he really means it. So maybe he's not done, but not ready to fight now either.

Rematch with Jardine

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    I see what you're saying. I think it could be a couple things though. I mean it could be that he's not ready to retire, but he doesn't have a fight in mind right now. Maybe he just wants to leave the option open instead of making a retirement statement.

Lots of fighters (cotoure is a good example) like to 'say' they are retired, then come back one twice etc etc etc. But I don't see Chuck being that way. I think if he says something, he really means it. So maybe he's not done, but not ready to fight now either.
    True, I didn't take that into consideration. Also, I would love to see Chuck knock Jardine out like he should of the first time.

yeah I have to admit, that would be nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggage View Post
    Rematch with Jardine
    I think the leg kicks made the difference in that fight and I'm willing to bet that if they fought again, Chuck would take it...so that's a rematch I would love to see

All in favor...I'd like to see a rematch with Jardine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggage View Post
    Rematch with Jardine
    Dude your signature just made my day! Awesome lol

rd

I don't have a problem with over the hill boxers/mma fighters still wanting to fight and make a living. But they definitely shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot ever again.

Thread Information