Thread: Chris Wilson out of Brock Larson fight, Mike Pyle steps in

Default Chris Wilson out of Brock Larson fight, Mike Pyle steps in

Chris Wilson MMA - The Official Site of Chris Wilson - News - Blog Archive - Canceled

Could this month get any worse?

After several months of training, tapering for the fight, dieting, traveling and even cutting half of my weight the day before weigh-ins my fight has been canceled.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission did not approve some of my medicals and we couldn’t hussle them all out in time despite last minute physicals, blood tests, international conference calls and even a little prayer. No joke, I really prayed.

I’ve been told that I would likely be put on the earliest possible show in any slot that opens at welterweight. That is little relief since I was ready now and need the money but it will have to do.

Mike Pyle is stepping in to replace me at the last minute. Mike is a great guy and a great fighter and it’s nice to see him get in the UFC, just not at my expense. I wish him the best though because he deserves it and is a friend.

My apologies to Brock about the last second change and my congratulations on your new baby.

Sorry again to my friends, family and fans. It is a very disappointing situation but I will be even more prepared for my next fight.

When it rains it pours…
    I guess Chris must have made it known to the UFC earlier that this may happen, as they had Pyle on the backburner waiting to step in. Sucks for Chris though, hopefully he gets everything sorted out.

There have been a shit load of replacements lately, wow. At least they aren't scrapping this all together, because I want to see Larson fight again. He is aggressive as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of role he can play in the UFC's WW division.

UFC 98 is cursed I tell ya! Cursed!!!

Okay if this is the case then whats the deal? Why cant Wilson fight then??

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    Okay if this is the case then whats the deal? Why cant Wilson fight then??
    NSAC couldn't get a hold of his doctor to clarify some details.

Thread Information