Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Horn done with UFC

Default Jeremy Horn done with UFC

According to the Wrestling Observer, UFC veteran Jeremy Horn is done with the company.

His last fight was the duel with Chael Sonnen on the UFC 60 card.

UFC, which had no future plans for Horn, opted not to renew his contract.
    http://www.fhwrestling.com/home/2006...-with-the-ufc/

How legit is this Boone?

i cant confirm its true but it makes sense not to sign him. he's done nothing impressive since he came here. nobodys going to go to a UFC just cause he's fighting. might as well give the contract to a younger up and coming fighter with more potential than horn who seems like he's peaked.
    I fight because this world is a cold, cold place. I've been let down, stepped on, passed up, and fucked over. I fight because I know that in this world, the one person you can rely on is yourself: wives cheat, family abandons, and friends sell you out. When I'm in that cage, it's me versus the world. True, I might get beaten, but I won't be deceived. In the cage I find truth. It is only through truth that we can find ourselves.

It's 100% legit, but not news really. Everyone knew Horn was out after Sonnen that's why his last fight against Sonnen wasn't shown on PPV. Everyone knew it was the last fight on his contract, and he isn't fighting the champion and hasn't done extremely well while in the UFC. They didn't have much reason to re-sign him. He'd just beat all their contenders, leaving no one but him to fight Franklin and he's not going to. He can't go back up to 205 he already lost to the champion up there. He certainly isn't dropping to 170 he can't make that weight and his boy Hughes is champion. He's in an unfortunate situation promotionally.

Saku Vs Horn!!!! Make It Happen!!!

I don't know how legit these rumors are but I have heard rumors of Lindland vs. Horn on an upcoming IFL card as a super fight, event taking place in Portland, Oregon.

I think UFC made a wrong decision by not renewing his contract. Horn has more potential than most MW fighters including Franklin. Its good that he's going to other promotions cuz he can have bigger and better fights and possibily remake his legacy. I heard PRIDE, IFL, and WFA already made offers to him and I dont blame them.

Horn is a good fighter but he gets far more credit online then he deserves. Almost every time he has gone up against top competition he has lost.

Horn Vs Franklin should have happened. It was the only MW fight worthy of a title fight the UFC had.

Horn took a lot of punishment from Liddle before getting stopped & I could see him taking Franklin's punches & taking him down.

As usual the UFC has dropped the ball & pissed away the chance to give the fans what they want. A decent title fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    Horn Vs Franklin should have happened. It was the only MW fight worthy of a title fight the UFC had.

Horn took a lot of punishment from Liddle before getting stopped & I could see him taking Franklin's punches & taking him down.

As usual the UFC has dropped the ball & pissed away the chance to give the fans what they want. A decent title fight.
    100% agree^

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin

The UFC would love to put together that fight but Horn refuses to fight Franklin because they are friends. Thereby the UFC had no choice but to drop him because he is of no real use to them (If he wins fights they have no contender and if he loses then why have him around)

Thread Information