Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Horn done with UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    The UFC would love to put together that fight but Horn refuses to fight Franklin because they are friends. Thereby the UFC had no choice but to drop him because he is of no real use to them (If he wins fights they have no contender and if he loses then why have him around)
    They're fighters for Christ sake, it's their profession!

They can still be friends & fight each other, you don't need to hate each other to fight.

But if this is Horn's attitude then maybe he should move on. Let's hope he doesn't make any more friends!

I've always been of the opinion that as the challenger you can refuse to fight anyone but there will be consequences (like Horn not getting resigned) but as the champ you have to fight whoever they put in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    They're fighters for Christ sake, it's their profession!

They can still be friends & fight each other, you don't need to hate each other to fight.

But if this is Horn's attitude then maybe he should move on. Let's hope he doesn't make any more friends!
    That's Franklin's attitude too. In the past interviews he said he wouldn't fight Horn either. Don't know if things have changed since then though.

I think that is one of the disadvantages of having the different camps. I respect the loyalty they have towards each other and the friendship, but the fans get robbed out of some good match-ups because of it. Maybe it's just this way when there are competitors in the same camp that are in the same weight class. Seeing Horn in Pride would be interesting.

Too Bad I Really Like Horn... Hes A Good Fighter... Great Coach.... But It Was Best For The Ufc To Drop Him I Think He'll Do Better Else Where!

He'll be back to fighting every other month. lol I think Rich would've handled him pretty easily as did Chuck if they had fought. Horn might be declining a little in this part of his career, he's fought a lot and it was bound to catch up to him. He's still a great fighter but i think his prime is past him now.

I agree with you Cruz that he is on the decline of late. I still think he has some quality matches left in him though. Hopefully WFA or Strikeforce can sign him sometime soon, or maybe even go back to Pride for a couple of fights. He'd also make a great coaching candidate for a team in IFL the next time they have an opening.

ttt

I was watching spike tv last night and they were showing some recaps and one that got me thinking was Chuck Liddell vs Jeremy Horn from UFC 54. Horn eventually lost via TKO in the 4th because he said he couldnt see but I was just thinking , "damn, Horn is showing hell of heart and a hell of a lot of endurance". Chuck knocked him on his ass in like every round but Horn still was pressing the fight. Still kinda a shame he's not contracted by the UFC but he was goin downhill but what do you expect when you have over 80 fights in ur professional MMA carreer. He did go on to win his next 2 fights though and then lost recently to Lindland in IFL. I'm just curious about what Jeremy Horn's future is since it seems he's already peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanda
    ttt

I was watching spike tv last night and they were showing some recaps and one that got me thinking was Chuck Liddell vs Jeremy Horn from UFC 54. Horn eventually lost via TKO in the 4th because he said he couldnt see but I was just thinking , "damn, Horn is showing hell of heart and a hell of a lot of endurance". Chuck knocked him on his ass in like every round but Horn still was pressing the fight. Still kinda a shame he's not contracted by the UFC but he was goin downhill but what do you expect when you have over 80 fights in ur professional MMA carreer. He did go on to win his next 2 fights though and then lost recently to Lindland in IFL. I'm just curious about what Jeremy Horn's future is since it seems he's already peaked.
    I thought I read somewhere he was going to retire. Can anyone confirm that?

I would think he will probably start fighting less and then eventually just become a full time trainer instead of a trainer/fighter.

Thread Information