Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Bellator 131 Salaries, Tito makes $ 300 000

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    754

    Default Bellator 131 Salaries, Tito makes $ 300 000

    Tito Ortiz: $300,000
    def. Stephan Bonnar: $100,000

    Will Brooks: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus)
    def. Michael Chandler: $25,000

    Joe Schilling: $25,000
    def. Melvin Manhoef: $10,000

    Mike Richman: $30,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Nam Phan: $5,600

    Muhammed Lawal: $10,000
    def. Joe Vedepo: $10,000

    Joao Faria: $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus)
    def. Ian Butler: $1,500

    A.J. Matthews: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
    def. Kyle Bolt: $2,000

    Jonathan Santa Maria: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)
    def. Ron Henderson: $2,000

    Andy Murad: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
    def. Bubba Pugh: $2,000

    Nicolas Garcia: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
    def. Matthew Ramirez: $2,000

    Jordan Bailey: $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus)
    def. Alex Higley: $1,500

    Rolando Perez: $2,000
    def. Mark Vorgeas: $2,000

    Bellator 131 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $632,600[/B]
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/bellator-13...the-300000-man

    WOW. They pay Tito a lot of money for a sloppy fight. Tito made more money than all the fighters on the card COMBINED (if you exclude Bonnar).

    Some that leap out at me are Chandler @ 25K, King Mo @ 10K, Nam Phan @ 5.6K (just don't recogize many other fighters). Alot of guys making fuckin $2K for their fight as well.

    Suprised that there aren't more fighters saying Bellator doesn't treat their fighters well, it's just everyone bashing the UFC, when they pay out better than this. Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Surprised Kingy Mo would fight for that little.

    If you run your mouth, be able to back it up friends. Hope we never see Bonnar ever again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Surprised Kingy Mo would fight for that little.

    If you run your mouth, be able to back it up friends. Hope we never see Bonnar ever again.
    Have to think there is more to his contract then 10K for a fight. One would think there is a win bonus tied in there

    They are way overpaying for Tito though for what he delivers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Have to think there is more to his contract then 10K for a fight. One would think there is a win bonus tied in there

    They are way overpaying for Tito though for what he delivers
    Yeah, Tito's name recognition has slid down the mountain so I agree the $300k is just too much.

  5. #5

    Default

    That's a pretty nice haul for Tito, minus his $2,500 fine of course

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    I'd rather see Tank fight in somebody's backyard again than see Tito or Bonnar fight again. That was horrible. Everyone else on the card is underpaid severely.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

    All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Surprised Kingy Mo would fight for that little.

    If you run your mouth, be able to back it up friends. Hope we never see Bonnar ever again.
    He looked slow and seemed like he really did not want to be in there i would not be shocked if that was the last we see of him

    Bellator needs to get a lock down on Rampage Vs Tito.
    i thought Saturdays Fight card was very solid

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Yeah, Tito's name recognition has slid down the mountain so I agree the $300k is just too much.
    Really? the whole crowd was chanting Tito.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Really? the whole crowd was chanting Tito.
    To be fair i doubt that would have happened had it not been a hometown crowd. 25k to Chandler is pretty weak. It is very interesting to see how how much guys who establish a name in the UFC are worth to smaller orgs. That has to be disheartening to fighters who have been building a name in bellator then see how much two over the hill ufc fighters make.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    To be fair i doubt that would have happened had it not been a hometown crowd. 25k to Chandler is pretty weak. It is very interesting to see how how much guys who establish a name in the UFC are worth to smaller orgs. That has to be disheartening to fighters who have been building a name in bellator then see how much two over the hill ufc fighters make.
    Especially with two washed up ex UFCers taking the main event over a LW title fight that's also a rematch.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •