Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Offered to Save UFC 151

1. Default Anderson Silva Offered to Save UFC 151

Anderson Silva Offered to Save UFC 151

According to UFC president Dana White, Silva, the middleweight champion, personally called him just moments after he announced on Thursday that UFC 151 was canceled after Jon Jones turned down a fight against Chael Sonnen. Silva, who admitted he wasn't in the best shape, volunteered to fight on eight days' notice in Las Vegas against another light heavyweight fighter. Unfortunately, he was a few hours late as the promotion had already decided to scrap the event.
    White said he never expected Silva to offer his services to fight Jones and appreciated the call.
    If Anderson Silva, who many say has very few fights left, is willing to come in on 8 days notice, and the young champ won't fight, there's something wrong there.
    Last edited by H0SS; 08-24-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    ------------------

2. Default

lol, these MW's are making the LHW look real bad ;P
    ------------------

White said he never expected Silva to offer his services to fight Jones and appreciated the call.
    But Silva didnt, he said he would fight another LHW?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

4. Default

Ariel probably was typing too hastily.

Edit: He already fixed it.
    ------------------

The question is:

Did Anderson offer this to Dana White altruistically?

OR

Did Ed Soares/Anderson wait until Dana had already cancelled the event completely and make a hollow offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The question is:

Did Anderson offer this to Dana White altruistically?

OR

Did Ed Soares/Anderson wait until Dana had already cancelled the event completely and make a hollow offer?
    I thought of the same thing too lol

Not going to lie I am not the biggest Anderson Silva fan but he just went way way up in my book. Shit at this point UFC 151 could have been Silva v. Sonnen III at 205.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I have to call bullshit. If he would have fought Jones (which he said before he wouldn't) why wouldn't he take the fight at UFC 152 instead to replace Machida? Instead, Vitor, the guy Anderson called a "coward" stepped up.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I wonder who he would have fought. I don't like Anderson but props to him if he did this and actually intended to go through with it. I wouldn't want him to go against another James Irvin esque LHW though.

Brown Pride

Thread Information