Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Mir vs Tim Sylvia

Default Frank Mir vs Tim Sylvia

i'll be honest, as much as i dislike Sylvia, i hate Frank Mir even more.

but that's not why i made this thread.

when they fought, why did the ref stop the fight. i dont remember Sylvia tapping out...

Sylvia's forearm broke when he tried to pick uo Mir and slam his way back out of the armbar.

Another one of Rogans "WTF!!!!" quotes.

Good job on Herb seeing it cos I didn't first time around & Sylvia didn't seem to notice. Neaderthal persona!

The refs #1 job is to protect the fighter. Mir snapped Sylvia's arm like a twig, you don't have to tap to get a technical submission. Sylvia later thanked Herb Dean for the stoppage saying it saved his career, because he wanted to go on fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua
    The refs #1 job is to protect the fighter. Mir snapped Sylvia's arm like a twig, you don't have to tap to get a technical submission. Sylvia later thanked Herb Dean for the stoppage saying it saved his career, because he wanted to go on fighting.
    thanks for the info, i didn't know about that.

chris_k_combs Guest

Default Frank Mir vs. Tim Sylvia Stoppage

The ref stop the Frank Mir vs Tim Sylvia fight because tim's damn arm broke

It wasn't because he picked him up though. As many times as that replay has aired I don't know why that's still what people attribute it to. It was when Sylvia rolled over onto his knees, right before he went to pick him up. His arm snapped and he actually picked him up with it after it snapped.

That was the main thing I hated about that fight. Sylvia really took away from Mir's accomplishment. Mir wins the world title and the entire crowd is boo'ing because Sylvia refuses to acknowledge his arm has been snapped, and acts like he's completely fine, even saying referee's make mistakes let's finish it now, blah blah. That was really a shitty thing to do to take away from Mir's big moment like that. Especially looking back on it as it seems that'll probably end up being Mir's career high point unless he really recovers from this leg thing and whatever mental issues he has of overcoming adversity in a fight (IE - Pe De Pano, Freeman)

While i can't stand frank's attitude i think he has the athletic ability to make a big come back over the next 12 - 18 months. What he needs to do is fight some B-level fighters to get back into fight shape and frame of mind. I think a couple wins regardless of who they are against will give him a significant mental boost so he could challenge for the HW title again. He def has all the physical tools.

Im not really sure but was that before or after Tim got popd for Roids?

before
    " If the world were a girl I'd stick my dick in the ground, fuck the world" - 2pac
    NOR CAL FIGHTING ALLIANCE
    DAVID TERRELL

Thread Information