Thread: briggs vs. klitchsko

icemanct Guest

Default briggs vs. klitchsko

who wins?

If Wlad keeps the distance and uses A LOT of jabs and doesn't let Briggs inside, Briggs will eventually gas and get ko'd. But if he lands a solid shot it's over for Wlad. Depends which fighters show up and how much they want it, i'll lean with Wlad for now.

I'd look for this fight to be a lot like the Peter fight for Klitschko, only less dangerous, especially after the first 4 rounds or so. The only threat Briggs poses to Klitschko is his knock out power, but he doesnt possess the type of power Peter does. So I would expect Klitschko's game plan to be pretty much identical. Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hand, Clinch. The only difference being Briggs on the mat in the latter rounds.
    Last edited by JimmyMoore; 11-13-2006 at 06:47 PM.

kowarrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMoore
    I'd look for this fight to be a lot like the Peter fight for Klitschko, only less dangerous, especially after the first 4 rounds or so. The only threat Briggs poses to Klitschko is his knock out power, but he doesnt possess the type of power Peter does. So I would expect Klitschko's game plan to be pretty much identical. Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hand. The only difference being Briggs on the mat in the latter rounds.
    If Briggs could rock and KO Liakhovich, he'll put down Wlad. Whether he can land a good shot on Wlad is the question. I'd lean towards Wlad to play it safe and then try for a KO as the fight goes late and Briggs gets more and more tired. Wlad TKO late.

Wlad has better skills, chin is still questionable.. Briggs could score another KO but ill go with Wlad by the same fashion.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

briggs does have that ko power and wlads chin is still in question but ill go with wlad because his skills are to much for briggs, and wlad is alot better then lakovich, sorry about the spelling of the name, i say 9th or 10th round ko of briggs

Thread Information