Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: UFC 103 - Chuck Liddell’s last stand against Franklin in September?

Default Rumor: UFC 103 - Chuck Liddell’s last stand against Franklin in September?

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell could be about to return to the octagon for one last time on September 19th against former middleweight champion, Rich “Ace” Franklin at UFC 103 in Dallas, Texas.

Sources close to the situation have informed InsideFights.com that UFC President, Dana White is about to back down on the retirement issue with Liddell and allow him to see out him contract with a final fight inside the octagon.

Franklin has been told by UFC top brass that his future lies at 205 pounds and could see this as the perfect launch pad to establish himself as a top contender in the division.

Liddell has been on the slide of late, losing four of his last five, with the last two coming via brutal knockout. As for Franklin, he got back to winning ways this month with an impressive decision win over a former foe of Liddell’s, Brazilian MMA legend, Wanderlei Silva.
    MMABay - All Your UFC/MMA News In One Place

I hope this is not true. Liddell being my fav. fighter I do not want to see him get hurt or KO'ed again. Whenever he gets KO'ed it seems like I go into depression for a day or two but he is more than capable of KO'ing Franklin. I just don't see that happening though. PLEASE RETIRE CHUCK.

^^^Don't Let This Be YOU^^^
    Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell LHW GOAT
    PS3 - Icerod

My BS detector is starting to overheat. I just can't give MMA Bay much credibility - especially when no other site that I'm aware of is carrying this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson's Submission Fighting (est. 2000)

Holy shit. I truly understand that it is sometimes hard to let go and all, but please for the love of rice crispy treats, PLEASE stop.

Maybe he can make a fight of it, but there is nothing more to prove seriously. UFC 120 is going to come around and he is going to call out Rocky Balboa, you'll see.

Chuck please keep your hands up and your head tucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegonightmare View Post
    My BS detector is starting to overheat. I just can't give MMA Bay much credibility - especially when no other site that I'm aware of is carrying this.
    Come on man why be a downer, just talk about the rumor that is why I corrected my mistake and put **Rumor** in the title. Lets talk about the rumor and not make this an MMABay hete thread please.

PS3 - Icerod

I'm not "hating" anybody or anything. I am saying that that source has been shown in the past to be quite unreliable. As I tried to make clear in the other thread, it's not meant personally against you, either.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson's Submission Fighting (est. 2000)

Alright man sorry to get defensive be it is labeled a rumor. MMABay has been pretty accurate for the past few months though so maybe they are changing their ways. Either way lets keep this on the subject, Don't Do It Chuck!!!!!

PS3 - Icerod

If this is true, another wasted fight for Franklin, 2 fights against guys dropping to 185 and 1 against a mid level fighter, now one against a guy who is at the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    If this is true, another wasted fight for Franklin, 2 fights against guys dropping to 185 and 1 against a mid level fighter, now one against a guy who is at the end of his career.
    whats the difference,he has been fighting lower level opponents his whole career.

man if this happens....FUCKIN WAR ICEMAN!!

Depending on where you rank Chuck right now, Franklin may not be bad for Chuck. I wouldnt mind seeing Chuck/Franklin though. It may be total BS, but then again, who knows. Franklin needs a big matchup at LHW and Chuck, apparently not wanting to retire, wants a big name. Franklin, coming off his win v. Wanderlei, then would be great for Chuck. If Chuck loses, I think then he'll be convinced he has to go. If he wins, it would still be a great way to go out. Hell...call it UFC 103: Last Stand. I may be in the minority, but I dig the matchup. It only makes sense if Franklin is on his way up and Chuck's on his way down, let'em meet.

Thread Information