Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: UFC 103 - Chuck Liddell’s last stand against Franklin in September?

I wouldnt believe it, but after Dana's coments about not being Chucks dad, I was kinda led to believe chucky wants to fight

Quote Originally Posted by CESSPOOL View Post
    I wouldnt believe it, but after Dana's coments about not being Chucks dad, I was kinda led to believe chucky wants to fight
    Yeah, Dana seemed to almost be saying that Liddell is probably going to fight again. Chuck vs Franklin would sell some PPVs and tickets without a doubt.

I'd like to see it happen.

I hope it happens - can you imagine this headlining as Chuck's last fight? Aside from it likely being very entertaining this fight has mega marketability all over it.

Edit: you just beat me horse ;p

All this fight is, is a couple big names fighting each other. It really is a no win situation. Chuck wins, and it drops Ace big time, Ace wins and well, so what, everyone is knocking out Chuck. Worst of all if Chuck wins, he might actually want to fight again.
    Fav fighters: Lyoto, Amir, GSP, Lesnar, King Mo

Quote Originally Posted by foutch550 View Post
    Im the exact opposite. I'd love it.
    With Chucks current status I dont see this fight as a benefit for Franklin. Anyone who beats Chuck these days the general opinion is, "Yea well nice fight but Chuck is old and on his way out... but still nice fight"

If Franklin loses to a guy thats on his way out then it only hurts his career and the lhw division imo. Look at how Shoguns victory over Liddell was downplayed.

rd

MMA Bay - throw enough shit against a wall, one of them turds is bound to stick
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

How many fights, exactly, does Chuck have with the UFC? I don't see why he would stop after this fight, win or lose. I'm just not sure how sincere he is about retiring. Tank is out there cashing paychecks, and I don't see why Chuck would just stop given how many people would pay to see him fight. Maybe even Japan - I could easily see Chuck fulfilling his contract here and then boarding a flight East.

HammerFist Guest

Dana should bring Shamrock back so Chuck is guaranteed a W.

i could see this there really isnt any other fight to headline 103 right now anyway

Why all the MMABay hate?? That was the FIRST site to annouce the Griffin/Silva fight at 101, and the Machida/Shogun fight.....both RUMORS came true.

Thread Information