Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Ninja” Rua says his brother “Shogun” is more talented than Machida

Default “Ninja” Rua says his brother “Shogun” is more talented than Machida

Murilo “Ninja” Rua has acknowledged the talents of UFC light heavyweight champion, Lyoto Machida but says his brother is stronger and more talented and will take the title away with him when the two meet at UFC 104 on October 24th in Los Angeles, California.

Speaking to GracieMag.com, “Ninja” said:

“Lyoto’s a tough athlete and has shown it. It’ll be a great fight.”

“I think my brother’s stronger and more talented. Shogun has an aggressive ground game, Muay Thai game and hits like a heavyweight. I think he has the advantage, but of course Lyoto’s really tough and must be respected, for sure.”

“Shogun” was installed as the light heavyweight number one contender after knocking out Chuck Liddell at UFC 97 in April and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s decision to settle his score with Rashad Evans before going after the title.

Can the former number one ranked 205 pound fighter climb back to the top of the mountain and capture the most converted prize of them all? I guess we’ll find out on October 24th.

By Michael Pepper.
    MMABay - All Your UFC/MMA News In One Place

That's a bold statement there cotton.

^^^Don't Let This Be YOU^^^
    Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell LHW GOAT
    PS3 - Icerod

Ninja is stoned!!

__________________________________________________ __________

We need to make room for our summer arriving merchandise so some things must go!!

Gray Distressed Thermal Long Sleeve Sizes that remain XXL - 4 XL - 1 Originally $24.99 Sale $15.99

Full Mount Distressed Thermal Long Sleeve Sizes that remain XXL - 3 Originally $24.99 Sale $15.99

Full Mount Desert Camo T Shirt Sizes that remain XXL - 2 Originally $19.99 Sale $14.99

Full Mount 1/4 Zip Pull Over Sizes that remain XL - 16 L - 13 M - 11 Originally $35.99 Sale $20.99

Black and White Trucker Hat (Adjustable) Originally $14.99 Sale $9.99

Please visit Full Mount Fightwear to see photo of each item.

If interested, please contact info@fullmountfightwear.com and specify which items you would like. Orders of $50.00 or more, shipping is FREE.

God Bless,
    Full Mount Fight Wear

It's hard to take much weight in a comment when your brother says it.

What else is he gonna say, Shogun has no chance?

In my mind there is no question that Shogun is one of the most talented fighters in MMA. He does have skill power and size to beat Machida. Wether he does it or not is a different story. If the Shogun of Pride or the Shogun who fought Lil Nog shows up Machida is in for one hell of a war. Before Shogun came to the UFC everyone thought his was the best 205 pound fighter in the world. So the talent and ability is there but we will see if the heart and conditioning is.

I thought that Rampage had a problem with the nerves in his jaw and needed to get that fixed. I remember hearing/reading that the jaw problem was keeping him from fighting Machida, unless that was wrong or it was the UFC's "suggestion" that he fight Rashad first.

Stupid. Exactly what someone said: what the **** is he supposed to say?

Murilo: "While I think my brother is an excellent fighter, I truly believe he is going to get his ass kicked."

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    I thought that Rampage had a problem with the nerves in his jaw and needed to get that fixed. I remember hearing/reading that the jaw problem was keeping him from fighting Machida, unless that was wrong or it was the UFC's "suggestion" that he fight Rashad first.
    Its to my understanding that it was about the $$$$. Rampage chases the "chedda" 1st. Im sure the UFC is compensating Rampage substantially with TUF and the Rashad fight.

Im dont believe that Shogun is the #1 contender, but he is probably the best available.

ninja is an idiot.. crappy fighter.. he is only known because shogun is the man.
    its an awesome awesome match but i cant pick a favorite to win. i like both this guys.. =(
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

If shogun shows up in shape, he has a chance
    Fav fighter - GSP!!

Fav fighters - FEDOR, Big Nog, AA, Wand, Shogun (I still believe in you!), Machida, Hendo, Nick Diaz, A.Silva, Mousasi, Maia

Quote Originally Posted by willpunisher View Post
    ninja is an idiot.. crappy fighter.. he is only known because shogun is the man.
    its an awesome awesome match but i cant pick a favorite to win. i like both this guys.. =(
    Before I respond, no fighter bashing will, you know better. I'm surprised you are bashing a Brazilian too (lol sorry, I'm just having fun with you).

I think Ninja is far from a "crappy fighter". He has some great wins, former top ten MW. Hell, he (if you are at all honest) beat Quinton Jackson (and Jackson knows it to be true, hence him shaking his head in disappointment after getting the victory and leaning over the ropes to hand Ninja the victory trophy, basically saying, "We both know you won"). If anything, Ninja is very hot and cold.

I think people are dogging Ninja a little too much. First off, it is his brother. Secondly, Shogun is very talented. IMO, just as talented as Machida, but in different ways. Shogun is definitely better on the ground for starters.

The only difference is that Machida is a better striker (and at the very least, Shogun plays into Machida's striking game perfectly) and Shogun will have a hell of a time getting him down.

Thread Information