Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: “Ninja” Rua says his brother “Shogun” is more talented than Machida

Every top tier fighter has a chance but Machida has to be a huge favorite. Shogun has been a big disappointment since his arrival in the UFC. Shogun's fans point to the Chuck fight and say he's back but it was a good fight up to the KO and Chuck has been getting KO'd pretty easily lately. Shogun has a lot of excuses (knee surgery etc) for his performances. In contests with drug testing he has not proved himself to be a top 5 fighter in the weight class. I'll gladly eat my words if Shogun puts in a good performance win or lose, but look for Machida to win in dominating fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    Every top tier fighter has a chance but Machida has to be a huge favorite. Shogun has been a big disappointment since his arrival in the UFC. Shogun's fans point to the Chuck fight and say he's back but it was a good fight up to the KO and Chuck has been getting KO'd pretty easily lately. Shogun has a lot of excuses (knee surgery etc) for his performances. In contests with drug testing he has not proved himself to be a top 5 fighter in the weight class. I'll gladly eat my words if Shogun puts in a good performance win or lose, but look for Machida to win in dominating fashion.
    Hmm, I was with you until the drug testing part. I've never suspected Shogun, if that's what you're implying. He's always looked kinda soft to me. Very talented, but soft. I know different substances do different things but he just doesn't have the look to me. Though stimulants and other things aren't visible on the outside.

Shogun, I doubt it, but I have many other people on my 'suspect' list, like Alves.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I want this fight under PRIDE rules so bad. I wanna see Machida crying for his mother while being stomped out.
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

Quote Originally Posted by Duskseyr View Post

I would have to seriously question the validity of any statement made to the contrary. To be quite honest it's astounding how many people are simply writing Shogun off, or even go so far as to say that his best days are behind him.

As talented as Machida is, and despite the fact he appears to be on top of his game. I think anyone with half a clue would admit that nobody is unbeatable and that includes 'The Dragon'.

I said previously in another thread, that I think we're poised to see one of the greatest LHW battles of all time and that no matter who comes out on top, in the end it's the fans that win. I also mentioned that I never go against Shogun, and that isn't going to change ever, even if he loses. That's what bein a REAL fan of a fighter means, you don't cheer them while they're on top, then piss all over them when they aren't.

WAR SHOGUN!

A. Not sure who is saying his best days are behind him, but I will again clarify what I have said. THE OLD Shogun is GONE. He is who he is today. It doesn't mean the good old days were his peak or his best. BUT his injuries have put a toll on him. Whether your a hard core "fan" or not, reality is just that.

B. Yes, if anyone has learned anything the past 10 years in the UFC, its that any angel can fall from grace. And some not so "pretty". Machida gets this attention because before he fought for the title, he was claimed to be boring, and can't take a punch, he wont win a brawl, he can't stand and exchange with a powerful striker, his ground game is not proven...yada yada. He gets some well deserved attention and every other LHW is getting their feelings hurt? For what? Let him have his time, he has earned it. If Shogun or anyone for that matter beats him, it won't be just about skill. It will be about sticking to a hard game plan and executing at all costs.

C. I am a big fan of Shogun, and because I am not giving him a chance in hell against the "dragon" it means I am not a real fan? News flash for everyone who thinks that....Some of us are fans of the sport and have MULTIPLE favorites in the industry, MOST of them no names and some we have been claiming will be champ for a long time. For me its been Machida, since he entered the UFC.
    Real fans reach conclusions objectively and don't take shit personal.

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    A. Not sure who is saying his best days are behind him, but I will again clarify what I have said. THE OLD Shogun is GONE. He is who he is today. It doesn't mean the good old days were his peak or his best. BUT his injuries have put a toll on him. Whether your a hard core "fan" or not, reality is just that.

B. Yes, if anyone has learned anything the past 10 years in the UFC, its that any angel can fall from grace. And some not so "pretty". Machida gets this attention because before he fought for the title, he was claimed to be boring, and can't take a punch, he wont win a brawl, he can't stand and exchange with a powerful striker, his ground game is not proven...yada yada. He gets some well deserved attention and every other LHW is getting their feelings hurt? For what? Let him have his time, he has earned it. If Shogun or anyone for that matter beats him, it won't be just about skill. It will be about sticking to a hard game plan and executing at all costs.

C. I am a big fan of Shogun, and because I am not giving him a chance in hell against the "dragon" it means I am not a real fan? News flash for everyone who thinks that....Some of us are fans of the sport and have MULTIPLE favorites in the industry, MOST of them no names and some we have been claiming will be champ for a long time. For me its been Machida, since he entered the UFC.
    Real fans reach conclusions objectively and don't take shit personal.

You don't say?

Honestly, I don't know what I said in my post to set off this kind of response, and I certainly didn't say anything that should lead anyone to believe I take criticism of Shogun 'personally'. Thanks for quoting my post tho, it makes me feel warm and safe in the embrace of your attention.

Fav Five

Fedor | Shogun | Penn | Hendo | Barnett

Quote Originally Posted by Duskseyr View Post
    You don't say?

Honestly, I don't know what I said in my post to set off this kind of response, and I certainly didn't say anything that should lead anyone to believe I take criticism of Shogun 'personally'. Thanks for quoting my post tho, it makes me feel warm and safe in the embrace of your attention.

I thought the response was warm. Did you take it the wrong way?

I was just going over points and disagreed with some of them.

These two quotes specifically make me think you take things personally when it comes to (in this case) your favorite fighter:

To be quite honest it's astounding how many people are simply writing Shogun off, or even go so far as to say that his best days are behind him.
    I also mentioned that I never go against Shogun, and that isn't going to change ever, even if he loses. That's what bein a REAL fan of a fighter means, you don't cheer them while they're on top, then piss all over them when they aren't
    Maybe its just me.

If it will make you feel better I will make the announcement that my post is directed to anyone that feels strongly about a fighter getting the raw deal on an internet forum.

Thread Information