Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “Ninja” Rua says his brother “Shogun” is more talented than Machida

I think Shogun has got the best chance out of all the current UFC light heavyweights, but Machida must be the favourite. If an agressive Shogun with cardio shows up, he's got a good shot.

I know, Machida makes agressive fighters pay, but he makes timid fighters look silly. Someone has got to put it on him, land some kicks, keep him retreating so he can't sit there and pick you apart.

Wishful thinking? Probably, but Shogun is the only one I can see doing it right now.

Machida vs Belfort anyone?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    I think Shogun has got the best chance out of all the current UFC light heavyweights, but Machida must be the favourite. If an agressive Shogun with cardio shows up, he's got a good shot.
    I agree. I think aside from Machida, Shogun is the most talented and well-rounded LHW out there. However, comparing each of their last 3 fights, Machida is looking the best he ever has, while Shogun is in somewhat of a slump. Shogun did look quite good against Liddell, and while these forums are full of Liddell haters I really don't think he is an easy fight for anyone. His fight with Wanderlei showed he is competitive with all but the top LHW's in the world.

Machida is the heavy favorite, and thats for a reason. But I wouldn't be too surprised if Shogun takes Machida out of his game and pulls off the win. The only weakness we've seen from Shogun is that he had bad cardio coming off of knee surgeries. In his previous fights his pace was relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Before I respond, no fighter bashing will, you know better. I'm surprised you are bashing a Brazilian too (lol sorry, I'm just having fun with you).

I think Ninja is far from a "crappy fighter". He has some great wins, former top ten MW. Hell, he (if you are at all honest) beat Quinton Jackson (and Jackson knows it to be true, hence him shaking his head in disappointment after getting the victory and leaning over the ropes to hand Ninja the victory trophy, basically saying, "We both know you won"). If anything, Ninja is very hot and cold.

I think people are dogging Ninja a little too much. First off, it is his brother. Secondly, Shogun is very talented. IMO, just as talented as Machida, but in different ways. Shogun is definitely better on the ground for starters.

The only difference is that Machida is a better striker (and at the very least, Shogun plays into Machida's striking game perfectly) and Shogun will have a hell of a time getting him down.
    sorry but i really dislike Ninja... he always fucks up and loses when he is not suppose to. for some reason i find him very lazy and slow as a fighter and person himself. Dont know why but i just get that feeling from him.
    and he is an exception. if anyone wants to talk crap about him, go ahead, as far as i know he is far from being a Brazilian and falling under pressure.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by U shut ur FACE View Post
    I don't really want to get into this but I don't see the "Old Shogun from Pride" or the new Shogun beating Machida in the least. He may make a decent fight out of it but it's not going to happen IMO.
    Its hard to think that a fighter you respect is going to lose. With that said, I truly respect and like both fighters, but the truth is that Machida right now is on a non level playing field. Granted he is a "small LHW" in comparison to some other guys in the div. But he is the most skilled.
    IMHO there is ZERO chance of Shogun (and yes THIS shogun) to beat Machida at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Ninja needs to worry about winning his own fights
    Good Call, lol but with all do respect I would do and say the same of my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by sikk View Post
    If shogun's gas tank wasn't the size of a small RC cars he MIGHT have a chance lol. That said IF he comes in 100 percent I still see Machida winning.
    This is a very good point and something I touched on a while back. THE OLD shogun is gone. People need to stop referencing what if's and the like.
    He is who he is now and that's it. He is one of my favorite guys to watch but I understand reality and some can't seem to be objective when they watch the current Shogun. He gasses very quickly. His strength is not like the old days.
    Hopefully he will make it close and give a great showing. The last thing anyone wants is a quick TKO. We want him to make a fight out of it and go as far as he can. If he wins then he truly deserved it for working hard and showing dedication to his training regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Im enjoying how quite a few are dismissing the fact that Machida has never lost a round, never been rocked and has absorbed the least damage possible more so than anyone in MMA. If theres no answer for Machida's evasiveness Shoguns chances will be minimal at best.

rd
    You are 100% correct. Some people on this forum do keep that pretty far back in their minds.
    But thank god for some in Vegas the odds show they haven't forgotten.
    Reality hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    But I wouldn't be too surprised if Shogun takes Machida out of his game and pulls off the win. The only weakness we've seen from Shogun is that he had bad cardio coming off of knee surgeries. In his previous fights his pace was relentless.
    The problem with that theory is that Machida is the master of making the other fighter scared to used their gameplan. He makes people shifty and fight him differently. It not fear, just caution. That right there is half the battle when you want to win in MMA. Make the other guy uncomfortable or unable to walk in his own shoes. Make him question how you know what he plans to do..then you have him where you want him.

Shoguns weaknesses will be exploited very late in round 1. It will set Machida up for a solid KO victory.

WAR SHOGUN!!!! Next LHW Champ. If we see the Pride Shogun I really believe that.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Im enjoying how quite a few are dismissing the fact that Machida has never lost a round, never been rocked and has absorbed the least damage possible more so than anyone in MMA. If theres no answer for Machida's evasiveness Shoguns chances will be minimal at best.

rd
    Correction, Soko rocked Machida. And whilst Machida did end up owning Soko's soul in that fight, Soko rocked Machida. Just the facts, Jack. Just the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

i think shogun can get the job done, should be a good fight
    Fav fighters
    HW fedor, randy, AA, nog, brock, junior dos santos
    LHW chuck, rampage, wandy, babalu, forest, shogun,
    MW silva, bisping, franklin, hendo, maia
    ww GSP, hughes, davis, alves,

Shogun has the skills, experience, and killer instinct to beat not just Machida, but any LHW in the world. Period.

I would have to seriously question the validity of any statement made to the contrary. To be quite honest it's astounding how many people are simply writing Shogun off, or even go so far as to say that his best days are behind him.

As talented as Machida is, and despite the fact he appears to be on top of his game. I think anyone with half a clue would admit that nobody is unbeatable and that includes 'The Dragon'.

I said previously in another thread, that I think we're poised to see one of the greatest LHW battles of all time and that no matter who comes out on top, in the end it's the fans that win. I also mentioned that I never go against Shogun, and that isn't going to change ever, even if he loses. That's what bein a REAL fan of a fighter means, you don't cheer them while they're on top, then piss all over them when they aren't.

WAR SHOGUN!
    Fav Five

Fedor | Shogun | Penn | Hendo | Barnett

Karate is dead and short lived, Chute Boxe is back!

When you look back at all Lyoto's UFC fights. Tito did not win, but he did pretty good. I think other fighters will now look back at this fight and take some points from it to learn how to beat him.
    If Shogun comes in shape, this will be a tough fight.

Thread Information