+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Houston Alexander's hand is fully healed, working with Jeremy Horn on his ground game

Ahh. Jaded you beat me to it. Well played sir, well played.
    Fav Five

Fedor | Shogun | Penn | Hendo | Barnett

jeremy is good and all but he needs else where to get his jiu jitsu up to a good level.. go to AKA or greg jackson's camp.
    oh nevermind, they probably too expensive.. he got like 8 kids. lol sorry.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post
    Yes.

Correction, this thread is about Houston Alexander and Jeremy Horn. And it was you whom brought up Kongo. That said, pass him one of your budlights, homie. Lol =P

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Learning the ground game is alot harder then people make it sound. Most people can train BJJ their whole lives and never be good enough to compete in the top levels of MMA. Theres only so much you can pick up in a few years.
    Thats no excuse for his performance on the ground. Same issue as Kongo.

rd
    Well 1st off the response was to goodtimes not gotBlood. I believe you would have caught that one if you werent skimming posts. 2nd this thread again is about Houston Alexander. Hes the focal point meaning the thread starters intention was to let everyone know how Houston Alexander is learning the ground game by training with Jeremy Horn. So again... this thread isnt about Horn otherwise a different title would have been selected.

in staying ontopic the focus is still on Houston Alexanders ground game.. I elected to think outside the box by comparing Houstons ground game to that of Kongo's. Common sense should be a factor in these debates... obviously noones stating Horn sucks on the ground especially after being referred to as a "pioneer with a wealth of MMA knowledge".

I dont know any 1 dimensional pioneers in MMA.. do you?

Now all of us can't be drunk but I think I know whose getting a head start...

rd
    Last edited by roaddawg; 06-25-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Common sense should be a factor in these debates... obviously noones stating Horn sucks on the ground especially after being referred to as a "pioneer with a wealth of MMA knowledge".

I dont know any 1 dimensional pioneers in MMA.. do you?
    Dude, Horn is a one dimensional pioneer. He's all jiujitsu. A lot of pioneer are one dimensional. For example, almost every, if not every, Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Dude, Horn is a one dimensional pioneer. He's all jiujitsu. A lot of pioneer are one dimensional. For example, almost every, if not every, Gracie.
    True, though it is kinda fun watching him KO a very green Forrest Griffin with a head kick.

On topic, I really hope Houston can get his ground game together. I've been a fan of his for not only his exciting striking but also his personality and humility...but damn, he needs to learn how to either stay off his feet better or to defend submissions.

Dude's no spring chicken, either, so he better get crackin'. Hell, drop Tim Boetsch or Hector Ramirez in there with him.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

I would like to see him fight Hammill esp with Hamill's allegedly improved standup. Of course if that fight goes to the ground Houston likely doesn't have much of a chance but here's hoping he at least learns some takedown def.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    What's your definition of 1 dimensional?

rd

Quote Originally Posted by Duskseyr View Post
    Ahh. Jaded you beat me to it. Well played sir, well played.
    The focal point of this thread does in fact pertain to Houston, but it does include Horn, because if that wasn't the case, then Horn's name would've never been added to the thread title nor even mentioned in the article. You don't have to be a rocket scientist or a poorly executed Rampage gimmick/impersonator to figure that one out.

On a sidenote, its really easy to make excuses and/or cover up after you've been caught, than to rather man up. Very easy, actually. Of course, I'm not directing that at you, Duskseyr. Anyways, glady i've never drank any form of alcohol in my current lifetime, and proudly to admit, I never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Well 1st off the response was to goodtimes not gotBlood. I believe you would have caught that one if you werent skimming posts. 2nd this thread again is about Houston Alexander. Hes the focal point meaning the thread starters intention was to let everyone know how Houston Alexander is learning the ground game by training with Jeremy Horn. So again... this thread isnt about Horn otherwise a different title would have been selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post

^^ This made me laff out loud.

Oh, and I know you weren't talkin to me. =P
    Fav Five

Fedor | Shogun | Penn | Hendo | Barnett

Another predictable response from the fail clique. The extent that some of you spend on hijacking someone else thread never ceases to amaze me.

For what its worth I did find humor that you went through the trouble of opening up a paint editor but please dont quit you day job baby.

rd
    Last edited by roaddawg; 06-26-2009 at 03:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information