Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Lester, Mike Ciesnolevicz, Tim Boetsch Released From the UFC

Default Frank Lester, Mike Ciesnolevicz, Tim Boetsch Released From the UFC

Frank Lester, Mike Ciesnolevicz, Tim Boetsch Released From the UFC

It seems that an insane amount of heart doesn't necessarily guarantee job security if you can't win fights. After being choked out by Nick Osipczak at the Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale — which followed a TUF 9 run where he beat Kiel Reid and Dave Faulkner and lost twice to James Wilks — Frank Lester has been cut by the UFC. The Team Quest fighter's pro record dropped to 3-3 after his most recent loss. Godspeed, young shadow-boxer.

Following Lester out of the Octagon are two more fighters known for stepping up but falling short: Mike Ciesnolevicz and Tim Boetsch. According to MMA Weekly, Ciesnolevicz was released from his contract after losing to Tomasz Drwal via first-round TKO at the TUF 9 Finale; the light-heavyweight made his Octagon debut at UFC 95, coming in to replace the injured Justin McCully in a heavyweight match against Neil Grove, and defeated the much larger South African fighter by heel-hook. Unfortunately, he was bounced after just one loss at his natural weight class.

Boetsch also arrived in the UFC as a late replacement, filling in for Tomasz Drwal at UFC 81 on ten days' notice and wrecking David Heath. But the UFC lost interest after the Barbarian went 1-2 in subsequent matches, and pink-slipped him after his most recent decision loss to Jason Brilz at UFC 96. As with Ciesnolevicz, the UFC didn't wait until Boetsch had lost two in a row to drop him. Harsh.

2. Default

Damn I enjoyed watching Tim Boetsch fight.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I don't mind that the UFC cuts fighters. The need new guys to cycle through that can be developed in stars. I just absolutely hate how their contracts are. Once you sign with UFC you can't do shit else but they can tell you to fuck off anytime they want.

No not Boetsch !!!!! j/k I liked watching Tim fight also but yeah there needs to be new talent rolling through.

^^^Don't Let This Be YOU^^^
    Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell LHW GOAT
    PS3 - Icerod

Quote Originally Posted by Doggage View Post
    Godspeed, young shadow-boxer. [Lester]
    That's hilarious, Lester was pretending he was boxing the WHOLE time through the show. And then when he actually got in the ring, he forgot to pull the trigger XD.

Unfortunate for the other two. They most have some legit guys theyre bringing in because they've been doing a lot of roster cutting lately.

Frank didn't know how to throw a jab or a straight. Nor did he know how to throw a combo.

It was like watching Chris Lytle fight...but...well, it wasn't Chris Lytle.

Too bad about Boetsch. However, I could care less for Lester, that guy annoyed me.

8. Default

Thing I liked about Lester he didn't complain, and ask him to fight he in the cage. I do think he came porely prepared for his last fight/ didn't show any improvement.

I think the strategy they are going for now is to have all the best fighters, while reducing quantity. I don't necessarily agree with this, I would much rather they have 2-4 cards a month with just a nice main event and a bunch of guys who really bring it when they fight on the rest of the card. I mean Strikeforce has alot less talent then the UFC, but as long as they put on exciting cards people still enjoy it.

I liked lester he will be with another org quickly he's got some minor name recognition now and always comes to fight and i would like to see his overall game improve.

The ufc will always write the contracts in their favor and they will always cut fighters to trim the perverbial fat so that they can keep a constant flow of new fighters . There has never been a lacking of fighters willing to sign there one sided contracts like most jobs your an at will employee and they can drop you anytime without warning, there is no fighters union and probably never will and especially with the UFC being the big dog in MMA .
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information