Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva speaks about rematch with fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort

Default Wanderlei Silva speaks about rematch with fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort

We all know that Wanderlei Silva is one of the most famous and loved MMA stars of all time, and newer fans will know he came from PRIDE to the UFC. But they may not know he fought in the UFC before he fought in PRIDE against a young Vitor Belfort, and he was unsuccessful.

Speaking to Sensei Sport TV, former PRIDE champion Wanderlei Silva speaks about a rematch with Vitor Belfort, the man who beat him in 44 seconds with a dramatic succession of punches.

“That sequence of punches... I don’t know whether that was technique or anxiety. Many people told me he was dying of fear to face me so that must have been anxiety [that drove him]. Sooner or later [the rematch] is going to happen. I’m ready to face anyone, including him.”

A rematch between the two Brazilian MMA legends would be one of the most anticipated fights to be seen in a log time, wherever it may take place. It would be interesting to see how the ever aggressive Wanderlei would fair against Vitor these days.

By Rory Logan
    MMABay - All Your UFC/MMA News In One Place

Yeah I'm pretty sure Vitor would KO Wand, not really what I would like to see at this point in his career. I want to see Leben vs. Wand so bad though, lol, I can't believe I want that.

^^^Don't Let This Be YOU^^^
    Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell LHW GOAT
    PS3 - Icerod

Silva is on a rematch mission with every fighter he's lost to, whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by fishy View Post
    Silva is on a rematch mission with every fighter he's lost to, whats up with that?
    Seems like it. If he loses his next fight and the UFC opts to not renew him, I'd bet money we'd see a Cro Cop rematch in DREAM.

Still, this is one rematch (Belfort) that I'd actually be interested in seeing, what with each fighter having dropped to MW and Belfort's apparent regaining of his focus.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

Quote Originally Posted by jlruthven84 View Post
    Seems like it. If he loses his next fight and the UFC opts to not renew him, I'd bet money we'd see a Cro Cop rematch in DREAM.

Still, this is one rematch (Belfort) that I'd actually be interested in seeing, what with each fighter having dropped to MW and Belfort's apparent regaining of his focus.
    I'd like to see it too.Man,after so much time,it'd be pretty cool I think.I imagine if he's trying to avenge losses it's because he knows his time is limited in the sport?

it would be a cool rematch.
    they are both much older than.
    belfort's career took a shitty turn after his sis got kidnapped and killed.
    wand's career has been on the down since losing 2 fights in a row back in pride..
    it would be fireworks though.. we all know they would stand and bang!
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Wand has plenty left. If anyone is going to count him out, they would pretty much have to count out Franklin as well since they both fought very well and the fight was about as close as they come. He needs to change his strategy a bit and think a bit more. Perhaps Forrest could help him out with that.

That being said, he seems to only fight very tough opponents and that may be his downfall in the UFC due to losses. He still has all the tools IMO, but I hope he really evaluates his strategy and starts to fight smart or he will be at the end of his road.

Vito via Axe at :49 in round number one.

Wandy needs to take a chill on the rematches and figure out how to outsmart some opponents before he starts to end up like Tim Sylvia

I waited for a long time to see him in the UFC, hoping he would make a comeback. I have been mistaken and should say he has been disappointing to date.

i think if there is a cash cow dana will ride out to pasture it will be wandi, much like couture as long as theyre fan favs and give good show.

Would really like to see this rematch, fan of both guys, but would be backing Wand all the way - no point hiding it I'm a Wandy nut hugger all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

I'm a Wanderlei fan just as much as the next fan, but IMHO, I really don't see a differen't outcome from the first time they've fought. And whilst I wouldn't mind a rematch and I agree it would be an explosive fight, I however, predict Vitor goes 2-0 against Wanderlei, should they fight again, of course. And I don't want to take anything away from Wanderlei, but I'm a much bigger fan of Vitor and his stand-up skills have much improved over the years, but most recently, to be precise. Also, his over-all game looks to be quite solid. Lastly, he's been training with Randy Couture, which is always a huge help for any fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

Thread Information