Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanderlei Silva speaks about rematch with fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort

i would like to see this one...again...I knew vitor's sister was kidnapped i didnt know she was murdered..dang...but i would be rooting for the phenom!!

sounds like dana has the perfect fight already lined up when vitor's affliction contract expires (which i think is after trilogy). i def. say a second win over wandy would result in a fight w/ anderson silva.

the only problem i have is w/ the bisping/hendo fight, the marquard/maia fight, and dana's attempts to resign vitor, it may be the end of 2010 before we see gsp vs. anderson silva...wtf is gsp supposed to do until then? aw hell what am i saying? im rooting for alves!

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post
    I'm a Wanderlei fan just as much as the next fan, but IMHO, I really don't see a differen't outcome from the first time they've fought. And whilst I wouldn't mind a rematch and I agree it would be an explosive fight, I however, predict Vitor goes 2-0 against Wanderlei, should they fight again, of course. And I don't want to take anything away from Wanderlei, but I'm a much bigger fan of Vitor and his stand-up skills have much improved over the years, but most recently, to be precise. Also, his over-all game looks to be quite solid. Lastly, he's been training with Randy Couture, which is always a huge help for any fighter.
    Exactly, I agree 100%. I like both fighters, but I think Vitor takes this again for all the above reasons JadedX just mentioned. Wandy should look to bring in some good training partners to try and develop his game a little more. The man has made a legacy off his style (which I love), but lately he's been on the losing end. This would still be a hell of a fight and I never.....ever count Wandy out of a fight. I'd shell out the money for sure.

and since it was brought up..........war Alves!

Thread Information