Thread: Din Thomas Scratched From Ultimate Chaos PPV

Default Din Thomas Scratched From Ultimate Chaos PPV

Breaking News: Din Thomas Scratched From Ultimate Chaos PPV - MMA Spot

Din Thomas has confirmed to MMA Spot.net that he will not be fighting tonight at Ultimate Chaos in Biloxi, MS. It appears that his half pound that he weighed in over turned into a disorganized mess before the resurgent star finally had his fight with Javier ‘Showtime’ Vazquez called off. Reports from sources close to Thomas said that the fight had originally been allowed to continue, leading to Thomas attempting to rehydrate from the weight cut, weighing in at 146.6 lbs for his 145 lbs fight. But only after he started his rehydration did fight officials approach Thomas about taking additional time to cut to the contracted weight limit. He attempted to cut the additional weight, but the extra effort, once rehydrated left Thomas extremely weakened and in need of medical attention.

Thomas confirmed to MMA Spot at the venue that the fight was indeed canceled. The American Top Team fighter was extremely disappointed about the incident.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Wow retards at work...vasquez should have agreed to fight anyway it was only half a pound

Din Thomas has confirmed to MMA Spot.net that he will not be fighting tonight at Ultimate Chaos in Biloxi, MS. It appears that his half pound that he weighed in over turned into a disorganized mess before the resurgent star finally had his fight with Javier ‘Showtime’ Vazquez called off. Reports from sources close to Thomas said that the fight had originally been allowed to continue, leading to Thomas attempting to rehydrate from the weight cut, weighing in at 146.6 lbs for his 145 lbs fight. But only after he started his rehydration did fight officials approach Thomas about taking additional time to cut to the contracted weight limit. He attempted to cut the additional weight, but the extra effort, once rehydrated left Thomas extremely weakened and in need of medical attention.

Thomas confirmed to MMA Spot at the venue that the fight was indeed canceled. The American Top Team fighter was extremely disappointed about the incident.
    Well that does't seem right. If he had the "offical" go ahead to fight, why would they approach him to cut more wait after already starting to rehydrate. Something smells fighty here but, then again I'm not sure how the officals work.

Something tells me old vasquez had it in his mind that din was gonna kick his ass, which i agree with... i agree that if he'd been given the official go ahead to fight and then been asked after rehydrating to cut additional weight the promoters/athletic commission should be in some serious shit. That is just outright dangerous, shitty business practices.
    "I will make him my new Sakuraba"

HammerFist Guest

Stink news, was looking forward to his fight.
    That does seem a bit strange i cant say iv heard of that happening before.

Damn, the officials really screwed up on this one. If they indeed okay'd the extra .6 then Din potentially has a legal case against them.

Thread Information