Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Shields, Roger Gracie latest additions to Aug. 15th Strikeforce card

Any idea on who Roger might fight??

Quote Originally Posted by foutch550 View Post
    I think I remember hearing something about Diaz/Riggs. But for a title? Ugh..not sure Riggs should be considered for a title. Diaz, yes, but Im sure there are plenty of others at 170 that make more sense to fight Diaz for a belt than Riggs.

And I've said it before: f*ckin' strip Cung Le of the title and crown another at 185lbs. Its been 15 months already and he's too busy doing whatever else while FIGHTERS are FIGHTING. Yes Le beat Glamrock, but Diaz f'n DESTROYED him. Le probably wouldn't be the best 185er in Strikeforce right now anyway.
    I'm not even sure Strikeforce has any business having ANY titles at the present. Don't get me wrong, I like their business model and so far it seems to be working for them, but they don't have near enough legit contenders for titles at most weight classes to be worth anything.

Their top MW draws are Diaz and Shields, neither of whom are natural 185ers; Le has fucked off to Hollywood, and if anyone thinks that Lindland is going to be making a huge dent again has got to be fucking kidding. 170 is arguably even thinner; their top contenders there are Diaz and Shields (again) and maybe Riggs. And as far as HWs go, Overeem hasn't defended that title since he TKO'd Buentello a while back, and Rogers is the only other legit HW star that promotion has got.

The recent flurry of catchweight fights is an indication that the organization is spread thin for talent. I think that, over time, it'll grow but they need some serious bolstering in their weight classes first.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

Quote Originally Posted by jlruthven84 View Post
    I'm not even sure Strikeforce has any business having ANY titles at the present. Don't get me wrong, I like their business model and so far it seems to be working for them, but they don't have near enough legit contenders for titles at most weight classes to be worth anything.

Their top MW draws are Diaz and Shields, neither of whom are natural 185ers; Le has fucked off to Hollywood, and if anyone thinks that Lindland is going to be making a huge dent again has got to be fucking kidding. 170 is arguably even thinner; their top contenders there are Diaz and Shields (again) and maybe Riggs. And as far as HWs go, Overeem hasn't defended that title since he TKO'd Buentello a while back, and Rogers is the only other legit HW star that promotion has got.

The recent flurry of catchweight fights is an indication that the organization is spread thin for talent. I think that, over time, it'll grow but they need some serious bolstering in their weight classes first.

Thats the thing, Strikeforce is a very shallow organization. They use their big draws every card. People are asking for a Diaz/Sheilds fight, but in their last ppv, they both fought, you need to cycle them. AO needs a way bigger push, hes been fighting overseas to much, when he could be a huge star on this side of the water. Brett is a decent HW, but hes not marketable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

shields vs lindland never saw that coming

Quote Originally Posted by smoogy View Post
    Diaz vs. Riggs was tossed around for this card, though they could also make that the main event of the next Showtime card with a 170lb title on the line
    That would be sweet. Wouldn't want to see them making it part of the next card just to have more big names on it, though. More good fights= more chance I will order it .

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    I wouldnt mind seeing Diaz vs Riggs. It would be a good fight pluss the fact that the diesel has a win over Nate.
    Riggs beat nick at ufc 57. So technically it would be Diaz vs Riggs 2. Riggs won decision and the story i believe was that Nick and Riggs got into a shouting match at hotel and about threwdown again.

Is Matt Lindland even awake yet from the Vitor bout???

Quote Originally Posted by RKO7645 View Post
    Riggs beat nick at ufc 57. So technically it would be Diaz vs Riggs 2. Riggs won decision and the story i believe was that Nick and Riggs got into a shouting match at hotel and about threwdown again.
    No, the story is that Nick met Riggs at the hospital later and started shit with him, resulting in a brief scuffle. Diaz has a quote about Riggs winning the fight but spending the weekend in the hospital while he went out to party after the post-fight examination.

rh

Thread Information