Thread: Jorge Rivera signs a new 4 fight contract with the UFC

1. Default Jorge Rivera signs a new 4 fight contract with the UFC

Jorge Rivera signs new four-fight deal with UFC | MMAjunkie.com

Eight-year veteran Jorge Rivera (16-7 MMA, 5-5 UFC) recently signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC, according to a new report from the Boston Herald.

Rivera's April split-decision win over Nissen Osterneck, his 10th for the UFC, completed his prior contract.

The 37-year-old has been rehabbing an injured left shoulder since the April win.

Rivera has had mixed results in recent trips to the octagon, earning wins over Osterneck, Kendall Grove and Edwin Dewees over the past three years while mixing in losses to Martin Kampmann and Terry Martin.

Following his bout with Osterneck, Rivera told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com) that he was contemplating retirement.

"I think this might be my last year," said. "I just want to buckle down, push real hard for this one year, and see what I can do."

Wear and tear on his aging body, as well as a desire to spend more time with his family following the tragic 2008 passing of his daughter, led Rivera to his opinion that his immediate professional future will be addressed on a "fight to fight" basis.

The UFC's end-of-year schedule is filling quickly, but the Boston Herald reports Rivera hopes to return by early fall.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I am very happy to see him resigned with the UFC. Hopefully they are giving him some decent money for these upcoming fights as well. He is an all around class guy who always fights hard. His story with his family is so sad, he deserves good things.

I've always loved watching Jorge fight. I hope they give him some good fights that might lead him up to a title fight or something, doubt that will happend but who knows.
    I'd like to see him fight Leban, Cote, Leitus, Grove again, and Bisping.
    My Dream Card
    GSP vs Anderson Silva
    Randy Couturevs Andre Arlovski
    Shinya Aoki vs BJ Penn
    Robbie Lawlor vs Gerard Mousasi
    Jason Miller vs Scott Smith
    Jon Fitchvs Marcus Davis
    Nick Diaz vs Joe Stevenson
    Yushin Okami vs Dan Henderson
    Clay Guida vs Kenny Florian
    Josh Koschek vs Matt Hughes
    Rampage Jackson vs Lyoto Machida

He is class but the UFC really knows how to confuse me. They cut fighters left, right and centre and then sign up other fighters who are good but not good enough IMO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training @ http://www.titanfighter.com

Thread Information