Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the UFC did a tournament..........?

Default If the UFC did a tournament..........?

If the UFC would put together an old school type tournament with no weight classes with todays fighters, who would take the ultimate crown to be the TRUE undisputed champ of the world.

(just for fun small talk)
    I have to say the likes of Anderson Silva and Wandy would make it to the finals with Anderson winning

wand isnt what he used to be brother, hes given his body tooo much punishment over the years, for years hes been known for his fucked up training regimen, and now its gotten more intense because he cant compete at the level he used to. Wands only 31 but hes alot more in fight years. Anyways i think nog has a great chance of winning it, no other hw can beat him in the ufc i think.

wand is 31 but looks 44....but he sure did whoop jardine's butt
    this sig has been approved by sandywh

"When you submit someone, there is no controversy, there is no doubt, there is only the certainty of the result. You are better than your opponent and he must submit to your technique"

size does not matter if you're bj penn.

Quote Originally Posted by sodium_nitrate View Post
    size does not matter if you're bj penn.
    Unless your facing Big Nog.

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by pa99fighter View Post
    Unless your facing Big Nog.
    or someone the size of Kenflo up aginst Lesner

^Lol KenFlo vs Lesnar.
    Lesnar could rip his scrawny limbs off D;

I'd say Big Nog would definitely win.
    He'd beat the HWs and LHW's well enough, any smaller weight classes are too small to beat him.

Fav Fighters;
    Hughes. Stevenson. Franklin. A Silva. W Silva. R Couture. Liddell. Cro Cop. Fedor.
    'Shogun' Rua. F Griffin. BJ Penn. Big Nog. Lesnar. Boestch. Hazelett. G Harris.
    Henderson. Huerta. Guida. Arlovski. N Marquardt. Reljic. M Brown.
    Saunders. Carwin. Jardine. Manhoef.

http://www.nomercyathletics.com

Rampage would win and here is why...

He is more then good enough to handle any LHW which is where the most talented fighters would come from. Yes, Wandy and Shogun has beat them, but in a fight right now I would take Rampage over both of them. He would also just be too big for any lighter wieght to handle with the exception of Anderson Silva who would give him a lot of trouble. Finally I think Rampage would be able to beat any of the HWs, Mir, Werdum, and Big Nog would all need to take Rampage to the ground to beat him and I think they would all be hard pressed to do so. I think Rampage would be able to outstrike all of them on their feet.

So yea I say Rampage would win the UFC Open Grand Prix.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Rampage would win and here is why...

He is more then good enough to handle any LHW which is where the most talented fighters would come from. Yes, Wandy and Shogun has beat them, but in a fight right now I would take Rampage over both of them. He would also just be too big for any lighter wieght to handle with the exception of Anderson Silva who would give him a lot of trouble. Finally I think Rampage would be able to beat any of the HWs, Mir, Werdum, and Big Nog would all need to take Rampage to the ground to beat him and I think they would all be hard pressed to do so. I think Rampage would be able to outstrike all of them on their feet.

So yea I say Rampage would win the UFC Open Grand Prix.
    OK, Rampage would go far in the UFC Open Grand Prix but i highly doubt that he would win...
    Dont get me wrong, he, great, but for one:
    Anderson would be to much to handle for him
    Nog takes a beating a while in order to catch you off guard for a take down
    And even Lesner would be too fast for him to stop his take down....
    but he does have a great chance to go far

Big Nog Vs Machida final with Nog winning
    I think Henderson and Rampage would do well with in a tourney format Wand would be my Dark Horse pick to win it Nog looks to be the odds on fav right now.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information