Thread: Advice for a work out

Default Advice for a work out

Within the last 4 months I have started working out, really for the first time in my life. I basically just use dumbbells and work chest/back, bis/tris, shoulders/legs and finish up every workout with about 15 minutes of abs to finish. About two weeks ago I sort of plateaued so I obviously need a new work out. Any help would be appreciated.
    Go FSU!
    Busey is back

Since you're first starting I'd say stay away from isolation lifts like it sounds like you're doing (bicep curls, tricep push downs, calf raises). Stick to compound lifts that will work large groups of muscles together to get yourself a good base of strength, squats, deadlifts, rows, pull ups, dips. Check out Build Muscle & Lose Fat Through Strength Training | StrongLifts.com , that site was my savior when I started strength training.

He was dead...but he got better

It's hit and miss sometimes on what works best. What Bobbyjones said may work for some but it never did for me because I was never able to gauge gains. I like to switch the groupings or dedicate a day of the week to the plateaued muscle group. I also like to rotate dumbbells/bar/cables week to week.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information