Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jean-Claude Van Damme to fight professionally in K-1

Default Jean-Claude Van Damme to fight professionally in K-1

Jean-Claude Van Damme to fight Somluck Kamsing in K-1

i'm not sure what to think of this...
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

It will be very interesting, We will see if Van Damme is a real martial Artist or just a Canseco version 2
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

He's old as fuck now, he should have fought years ago.

now ignoring age, i'm sure that van dam has plenty of asskickery within those legs of his, and could hold his own most of the time... but this is a pretty high level to be jumping into.
    -Harry Crews

This is funny, I can see this either not happening or Somluck going easy and picking up his paycheck. I don't think those acrobatic legs of his are used to getting the shit kicked out of them.

Maybe Van Damme is a big hitter though lol who knows, he should have the weight advantage.

Isn't it a few years too late to be trying this out though

I don't even know what to think of this..... but either way, I don't see it going well for JCVD. Given, he will probably have help from both Fedor and Cro Cop... but.. yeah.

JCVD has been about "keeping it real" the past few years, with that movie and the soul journey and what have you. I think this fight will be something important for him no matter what the outcome. People will bash him because he'll most certainly not perform like a career fighter, but I think their beef will mainly be their self-contempt for being avid fans of his when they were 14 or something. I say good luck to him.

Default Jean-Claude Van Damme to fight professionally....

In what has to be the weirdest update since Jose Canseco took part in Dream, actor Jean-Claude Van Damme has signed to fight a professional Muay Thai fight in March 2010.

Van Damme’s opponent will be Somluck Kamsing, a 1996 Olympic gold medal winner in boxing hailing for Thailand. The fight will take place in Las Vegas and be contested under Muay Thai rules with five two-minute rounds. Kamsing has also reported that he will be paid in part based on broadcast revenue, so the fight will be aired in some way – no details yet if it will be on a network or PPV.

Holy Shit!!!!

Man, I love this if this is true. I'm a huuuuuuuuge JCVD fan. I just went out and bought like 10 of his movies over the past month. I don't care how corny they are, he still was my favorite action star growing up and I may consider seeing him fight next year.

Mods: Move this where you want. Just wanted to let everyone know....

EDIT: Just read on his facebook that he accepted the fight and will be ready march 2010!!!

To put the rumors down, Sensei Claude Goetz (Van Damme's martial arts instructor) confirms that JCVD wanted to do a big fight since ten years - Sensei Goetz always used his veto - but for JCVD it seems to be a vital, physical and moral matter.
    Sensei Goetz has given his authorization under conditions!
    The medicine faculty approbation and a strictly hard training like thirty years ago.
    The fight is planned to be held in May, June or July 2010 in accordance with the arrangements.
    The opponent will be the Thai fighter Somluck Kamsing, Olympic gold-medalist in boxing and muay thai champ.
    Pictures and other information will regularly follow, particularly the signed contract and training sessions.

"Hey, sensei! The world is talking about it? It'll be hot! I'll be ready!"
    — Jean-Claude Van Damme
    Last edited by Badluck33; 09-16-2009 at 06:32 AM.

9. Default

JCVD the movie was great.....hope he does well because if he doesn't, he will turn back into a joke. That movie really helped him out so who knows?
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

beatcha by about a week in the striking forum. ZAP
    -Harry Crews

Thread Information