Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jean-Claude Van Damme to fight professionally in K-1

Quote Originally Posted by Kfox View Post
    Fight scenes?

Do some research man, Chuck Norris is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more highly decorated in the SAME disciplines as JCVD.

Seriously your only point is fight scenes? Norris is the first black belt in WESTERN HEMISPHERE. lol at your ignorance.
    You totally missed my point, priyatel. I was responding to your "Chuck Norris @ 70 > JCVD @ 50" remark. I assumed that everyone on the planet with a pulse already knew Chuck Norris was a world-class competitor back in the 1960's before he started doing movies and TV shows. My point was that he is way more out of shape than JCVD probably is (partially because of age and partially because he stopped doing simple things like his own fight scenes in craptastic shows like Walker, Texas Ranger).

So please get a grip and THINK about what you're actually responding to before you start accusing others of being ignorant. But then again...what can I expect from someone who thinks a 70-year old Chuck Norris trumps a 50-year old JCVD...

Quote Originally Posted by Otomosix View Post
    You totally missed my point, priyatel. I was responding to your "Chuck Norris @ 70 > JCVD @ 50" remark. I assumed that everyone on the planet with a pulse already knew Chuck Norris was a world-class competitor back in the 1960's before he started doing movies and TV shows. My point was that he is way more out of shape than JCVD probably is (partially because of age and partially because he stopped doing simple things like his own fight scenes in craptastic shows like Walker, Texas Ranger).

So please get a grip and THINK about what you're actually responding to before you start accusing others of being ignorant. But then again...what can I expect from someone who thinks a 70-year old Chuck Norris trumps a 50-year old JCVD...
    saddest part is you make an assumptions over a joke in real life context.

Quote Originally Posted by xeducatex View Post
    im surprised none of you are aware that jcvd was very active in kickboxing early in his career and most of his fights ended by 1 round ko. Im sure if mma had been as huge then as it is now he would have stuck with that as opposed to making shitty direct to bargin bin movies.
    I am aware that he fought very early on in his life, not even his career. The problem is that it will be 30 years... yes, 30 years... since the last time he fought.

Those were amateur bouts of 30 years ago. A lot has changed in 30 years... included the level of competition and, you know, the state of his body. Those were also karate bouts. This is kickboxing.

lol this very might be ligit.........
    If this actually happens, i see a thing like when pride offered Rampage more money to lose than to win to sakuraba, that same thing to Somluck

He did fight years ago check his wiki out they have pics and his pro record from belgium he was actually a decent kickboxer

Chuck may have trained under different disciplines, but his professional fights I have seen were all Karate on points system and some were non contact. But now looking over his entire fight record I see that he fought a lot more than I thought.....I wasn't even alive at the time. And I still am not a fan of his World Combat League, and having to see Cecil Peoples as ref....makes it more aggravating.

JCVD fought a lot less, and his last movie, called JCVD, that tells me that he has or is still going through a mid life crisis....movie was alright...it honestly, could have been a real story...not something I would have expected from JC. Got to respect him for trying....I am sure he will get more viewers than a Jose Canseco fight. It would be cool if he fought another actor. The movie Kickboxer has to be one of the movies I have watched the most....still have a copy of it on Beta....I had no clue Michel Qissi (Tong Po) was his real life friend.

Either way...for nostalgia sake....War JCVD....winner by doing the splits and upercutting his opponent in the nads...Ref sees it gives him the win because it is his special move. I want to see him pose and scream after each punch or kick he throws while he groans and stares off into the distance, not even looking at his opponent.

Next I was the see Steven Segal vs JCVD. For the title of most cheesiest movies. I just saw Segal on A&E doing a COPS like show.

if your talking about Segal movies then he takes the cake no problem...Segal will break your neck

JCVD via street fighter leg upper cut.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

Thread Information