Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 World Grand Prix Results (SPOILERS)

Hmmm "K-1 is easy" priceless.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

No one mentioned Kharitonov's leg-kick "Checking." Reminded me of Rampage/Forrest, only far worse......

Good event. Badr and Aerts looked lean and mean. Semmy's style and size still make it nearly impossible to beat him. I agree that AO would present a nasty matchup for Semmy, given that he could not just muscle AO into the corner like he does others.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    "K-1 is easy..."-Alistair Overeem
    enough of that shit. he said that K-1 is easy comparing it to mma being that mma has kickboxing and other aspects to it, meaning that he has less to worry about in K-1. people need to stop taking that out of context. he's been doing great in K-1, cut the guy some slack.

However, he's no portrait of humility. Especially after the way he acted toward Remmy.

He's rubbed some people the wrong way, now he gets to eat some crow.

Badr Hari def. Alistair Overeem via TKO (head kick), 2:14 of round 1
    ahahahhahaha LMFAO. a head kick!
    and that is because K1 is easy right Ali? haha
    go get your ass kicked by Fedor so he can take the title away from you.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Allthough the fights pretty much all ended with KO's I'm still disappointed. It gets so fucking boring watching all these K-1 finales just to see either oversized-Schilt winning due to the fact that he towers pretty much everyone else thus making it really hard for them to hit him. Or if Schilt for some weird ass reason fails allways boring "hands-up and throw kicks" Bonjasky wins. Meh.
    Makes it even worse that only Badr Hari has really stood out from the "new" K-1 fighters. Someone please invent a time machine and bring Mark Hunt and Ray Sefo from 1998 to this year. I promise I'll give you a case of beer for your troubles.

I don't see how anyone could possibly be disappointed in this show. AO TKO'ed, Semmy dropped in the first 10 only to finish Remmy, Kharitonov chopped down, Aerts winning, records broken, Spong's technique in general, KO after KO.......

Can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    K-1 is easy? LOL!

Thank you Hari for shutting that cocky jerk up... for today...
    Did anyone find the reaction kind of odd that the commentators had to Overeems loss...

The fist pumping and yelling the words "YES" repeatedly made me laugh out loud...

Overeem looked COMPLETELY out of his league and uncomfortable against Hari.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrye View Post
    I don't see how anyone could possibly be disappointed in this show. AO TKO'ed, Semmy dropped in the first 10 only to finish Remmy, Kharitonov chopped down, Aerts winning, records broken, Spong's technique in general, KO after KO.......

Can't please everyone.
    It's not the fights I'm disappointed, I'm disappointed that Semmy won once again.

Edit: And, yes this time he didn't bore me to death, I guess I should be grateful for that. I've just grown to "hate" him very much through out the years
    Last edited by Flou; 12-06-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Thread Information