View Poll Results: Who wins Fedor vs. Marcelo Garcia?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fedor

14 82.35%
  • Marcelo Garcia

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedor vs. Marcelo Garcia

Default Fedor vs. Marcelo Garcia

Who would win in a fight between these two? If it was under grappling only rules I would have to go with Marcelo because of his ridiculous ground game. Just watched the Coleman-Fedor fight where Fedor gave up his back and Marcelo has a ridiculous ability to get to people's backs. If it was MMA, I would wanna lean towards Fedor but then again if Marcelo could avoid any heavy strikes and get a takedown, he does have experience grappling with bigger guys. So basically who would win?

Fedor! End of thread

Just in case someone has never seen Marcelo Garcia on the ground before:
    YouTube - The only Marcelo Garcia video that matters

in an mma match idk how you could vote for garcia but if its a grappling match i would go with garcia

Fedor!

I watched Garcia's MMA fight with Dae Won Kim, and Garcia showed me that his standup is worse than Sean Sherk's but he has the same mentality constantly going for the takedown leaning over and charging head first. He got stunned by a superman punch or fake left lunging right, then wobbled by some hooks, backed up and circled to regain himself and did the worst thing possible, bend over and lead with his head, Dae Won Kim (who is not known for his power and or his takedown defense or even his submission defense) was able to attempt a high kick while Garcia lunged in and caught him with a knee to the head.

He's got good quick feet, but he's got a long way to go if he wants to be on Fedor's level.

Being a good wrestler can be a blessing and a curse, if everytime he gets rocked he's gonna go for a takedown and be so obvious about it, he is not going to have a great MMA career.

Not sure what he weighs now, but I think he was fighting at around 170 or 185....and you think he can compete with Fedor at 220+?

Hopefully Marcelo is concentrating on his boxing....and he better hope it doesn't mess with his quick feet and his more natural wrestling stance.

In grappling maybe Garcia, in MMA definitely Fedor.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

fedor for sure.

In grappling Garcia wins 7 times out of 10. In MMA Fedor wins 10 times out of 10.
    I don't have favourite fighters, just favourite fights.

<3 Arianny

Quote Originally Posted by beau420 View Post
    I watched Garcia's MMA fight with Dae Won Kim, and Garcia showed me that his standup is worse than Sean Sherk's but he has the same mentality constantly going for the takedown leaning over and charging head first. He got stunned by a superman punch or fake left lunging right, then wobbled by some hooks, backed up and circled to regain himself and did the worst thing possible, bend over and lead with his head, Dae Won Kim (who is not known for his power and or his takedown defense or even his submission defense) was able to attempt a high kick while Garcia lunged in and caught him with a knee to the head.

He's got good quick feet, but he's got a long way to go if he wants to be on Fedor's level.

Being a good wrestler can be a blessing and a curse, if everytime he gets rocked he's gonna go for a takedown and be so obvious about it, he is not going to have a great MMA career.

Not sure what he weighs now, but I think he was fighting at around 170 or 185....and you think he can compete with Fedor at 220+?

Hopefully Marcelo is concentrating on his boxing....and he better hope it doesn't mess with his quick feet and his more natural wrestling stance.
    That sucks Marcelo Garcia lost to that guy (Dae Won Kim) from a cut?
    I watched the fight on youtube, and its super hard to see the any cut on Marcelo. Any way I hope Marcelo does good on future matches.

MMA match between Marcelo and Fedor, I'm going to have to go with Fedor.
    Strikeforce's signs a Gracie : signing multiple-time world champion Roger Gracie. Roger's credentials extend far, far beyond his inherited name tag. There are many observers who believe he might be the most talented and dangerous man in the world right now on the mat.

Thread Information