Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gayest MMA tactic

Default Gayest MMA tactic

Foot Stomps!

What do you guys think about that move? I think that is the cheapest move to do in a fight. Seriously I know its good for taking an opponent out of his game but its about as effective as digging your knuckles in somebody's ribs its just so weak man I mean Serra almost used it as his primary offense made him look desperate I can't respect a fighter that uses foot stomps

end rant
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Footstomps aren't all that bad. I think Chris Lebman first started to use them regularly, or at least that's when I noticed. It makes a fighter think about his feet, possibly start moving them, and then it possibly sets them up for an easier takedown.

Footstomps are better then standing against the cage doing nothing.

Footstomps are great. Not a cheap move at all in my opinion. Ive seen Pride fighters defend themselves with ease.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

foot stomps are alright, but the cheapeast move/sub is of course any form of ankle lock ala ken shamrock or aa's win over big tim, i thinks it's a cowards move to try and finish a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    foot stomps are alright, but the cheapeast move/sub is of course any form of ankle lock ala ken shamrock or aa's win over big tim, i thinks it's a cowards move to try and finish a fight.
    The coward is the one who taps.

See to me ankle locks/heel hooks are more technical cause you still have to set them up some how and apply them correctly unlike a foot stomp which any fighter good or bad can execute from a clinch...

I really hate the Heel Strike from Guard position too. Its effective but it looks cheap lol I haven't seen anyone use that move since Royce Gracie...
    myspace/strik9hiphop

I think Marco Ruas is the first guy to make footstomps a big part of his game.

Punk Ass Guest

Explain. How the hell is a sub move to any limb a coward move? What's the difference between a ankle lock and a kimura? how is it cheap?

In fact, when Monson was fighting Silvia I thought he should of tried a ankle lock when he couldn't get throught Tim's guard. A martial artist uses anything to their advantage to win a fight. Including the environment.

I don't think you can do the heel stomp anymore because it damages the kidneys too easily. I HATE the foot stomps. They just seem so.... elementary school... Besides theres way too many bones in the foot, it sucks ass when you break your foot.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan
    I don't think you can do the heel stomp anymore because it damages the kidneys too easily. I HATE the foot stomps. They just seem so.... elementary school... Besides theres way too many bones in the foot, it sucks ass when you break your foot.
    No JuJitsu move is elementary my friend. Do you think Royce Gracie won three UFC's in a row using "Fisher Price" moves? Respect the intricacies of BJJ.

Thread Information