Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gayest MMA tactic

I was saying the foot stomp was more elementary not the heel strikes. Mainly because thats the last time I can remember someone doing that. But barring that you are actually talking about the foot stomp being intracate lets just look at the steps involved.

1-Raise your own foot up
    2-Bring your foot down rapidly preferably landing on your opponents foot.
    3-Repeat as necessary.
    4-Flip over and cook for 90 seconds or until heated all the way through. (sorry started thinking about Pizza Pops)
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Cool

Foot stomps work. Imo when two guys are up against the cage and the action is dead the foot stomp causes some action every time. That shit hurtz.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan
    I was saying the foot stomp was more elementary not the heel strikes. Mainly because thats the last time I can remember someone doing that. But barring that you are actually talking about the foot stomp being intracate lets just look at the steps involved.

1-Raise your own foot up
    2-Bring your foot down rapidly preferably landing on your opponents foot.
    3-Repeat as necessary.
    4-Flip over and cook for 90 seconds or until heated all the way through. (sorry started thinking about Pizza Pops)
    Exactly I can't see someone training JJ and drilling foot stomps repeatedly for effectiveness its just childish desperation move IMO...
    Last edited by Strikknucklez; 11-22-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Strikknucklez
    Exactly I can't see some training JJ and through foot stomps repeatedly for effectiveness its just childish desperation move IMO...
    Yeah, i dont think theres much training involved with the stomps Childish? Put your foot down and let me stomp the fuck out of it and then tell me about how itz useless. Fighting remember??

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec
    Yeah, i dont think theres much training involved with the stomps Childish? Put your foot down and let me stomp the fuck out of it and then tell me about how itz useless. Fighting remember??
    I don't remember saying it was useless but it is childish and if I were ever in the position to receive a foot stomp somebody eating elbows mmmm elbows
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Quote Originally Posted by Coonsht
    The coward is the one who taps.
    i dont think tapping out is cowardly, the tapper knows he's beat, so why risk a broken bone and months of rehab.

See to me ankle locks/heel hooks are more technical cause you still have to set them up some how and apply them correctly unlike a foot stomp which any fighter good or bad can execute from a clinch...

I really hate the Heel Strike from Guard position too. Its effective but it looks cheap lol I haven't seen anyone use that move since Royce Gracie...
    did you see the shammy/franklin fight, the way shammy dove for his feet and chased franklin on his hands and knees for a couple of steps. not very technical.

Cool

I don't remember saying it was useless but it is childish and if I were ever in the position to receive a foot stomp somebody eating elbows mmmm elbows
    In afight you use all legal means to win. Childish?? If your arms are tied up its pretty hard to throw an elbow. Foot stomps are a effective way to get your opponent moving into a possible mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    did you see the shammy/franklin fight, the way shammy dove for his feet and chased franklin on his hands and knees for a couple of steps. not very technical.

Dude your talkiing about an aging Shamrock... Be honest when's the last time Shamrock has even tried to BE technical in a fight?? lol
    myspace/strik9hiphop

hahaha....yeah, i think that footstomps are bad ass. keeps the opponent moving around.

i'd have to go with the lay and pray though. even looks kinda gay.

Thread Information