Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gayest MMA tactic

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec
    In afight you use all legal means to win. Childish?? If your arms are tied up its pretty hard to throw an elbow. Foot stomps are a effective way to get your opponent moving into a possible mistake.
    Again I didn't say the aren't effective (re read my first post) I do think its a petty way to strike (sorry but I do) and let me say too that, a foot stomp here and there I can undertstand repeated foot stomp as a move in your arsenal is weak... yeah WEAK
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    i dont think tapping out is cowardly, the tapper knows he's beat, so why risk a broken bone and months of rehab.
    While I agree with you on your point, my intent was to illustrate how certain submissions, while seemingly boring and/or harmless looking, are an effective means to end a bout, not acts of cowardice. An mma fighter lacking the skills to defend against them won't last very long.

Therein lies what makes the sport so unique. It's a combination of several vastly different disciplines. Not many can do it competitively.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Strikknucklez
    Again I didn't say the aren't effective (re read my first post) I do think its a petty way to strike (sorry but I do) and let me say too that, a foot stomp here and there I can undertstand repeated foot stomp as a move in your arsenal is weak... yeah WEAK
    So in a nutshell you're telling me a foot stomp is effective but weak?? WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by iced
    hahaha....yeah, i think that footstomps are bad ass. keeps the opponent moving around.

i'd have to go with the lay and pray though. even looks kinda gay.
    Thats anothe gay move for real its such a cheap way to win nobody can feel satisfied if that's how they won IMO...
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Explain. How the hell is a sub move to any limb a coward move? What's the difference between a ankle lock and a kimura? how is it cheap?

In fact, when Monson was fighting Silvia I thought he should of tried a ankle lock when he couldn't get throught Tim's guard. A martial artist uses anything to their advantage to win a fight. Including the environment.
    i didn't say a sub to any limb, just the ankle. the last technique i learned at bjj class (monday)was an ankle lock from a full mount,(me being on the bottom) though effective very punkish. in alot of org's those kind of moves are banned(at least here in canada), they cause too much damage too quickly(ask pat smith) the anklelock is unlike the kimura because you can build muscle both below and above the elbow and train flexability(gracie/hughes),if hughes had his pipes around gracies ankle he would have twisted it off and crippled gracie, imagine how quick and shitty fights would be if everyone went for some form of ankle lock right away. besides the last randleman fight and the aa/'timmeh fight when was the last time you saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec
    So in a nutshell you're telling me a foot stomp is effective but weak?? WTF??
    Exactly... just cause I can use a foot stomp in a certain situation doesn't mean I would. Why not? cause I personally think its weak, wack, soft, pussy, childish, cheap. You probably think biting should be allowed where applicable too lol (just kidding man don't get all sensitive) but yeah that shit is WEAK like 7 days...
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Strikknucklez
    Exactly... just cause I can use a foot stomp in a certain situation doesn't mean I would. Why not? cause I personally think its weak, wack, soft, pussy, childish, cheap. You probably think biting should be allowed where applicable too lol (just kidding man don't get all sensitive) but yeah that shit is WEAK like 7 days...
    Effective but weak??? LOL!! O.K.

Glad you understand
    myspace/strik9hiphop

most foot stompers lose, are losing, or know they lost before they even start to fight...
    myspace/strik9hiphop

Cool

I think kicking an opponent while they are down is freakin pitiful. Like Tim not letting Monson up until he kicked him a few timez. EFfective BUT weak!!! lol!!

Thread Information