Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MMANews History

Default MMANews History

I'm just curious as to how this site got up and running. I've been a member for a little while now and pretty much enjoy the shit out of it. Maybe just a little something on who had the idea first, how mods became mods and such. It just seems pretty interesting to me. And if there is something like that already, just point my non-observant self in the right direction.
    You have to know what you don't know.

some guy named clint was in charge when i first joined, and mostly all the same mods with the exception of a few who are no longer regular members and only show up once in a blue moon. really the forum was a lot crazier and more entertaining then, ttr and rttr was running wild, bullock had like 6 accounts, and some guy named palma posted here.

Me and Palma had some great flame wars.

But to be honest all those guys leaving was best for the site, 95% of them were doucher trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by leedogg900 View Post
    Me and Palma had some great flame wars.

But to be honest all those guys leaving was best for the site, 95% of them were doucher trolls.

yah most of them leaving was a good thing, too bad some of them came back....

I have a question, who is that Palma guy? He seems to be very famous here.
    In the last weeks he has made some posts (normally attacking some user), but why he is so famous? He was a good poster or just a flamewar expert or a Troll?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    I have a question, who is that Palma guy? He seems to be very famous here.
    In the last weeks he has made some posts (normally attacking some user), but why he is so famous? He was a good poster or just a flamewar expert or a Troll?
    Lol @ famous.

He's just one of the older members, we used to go at it a lot. Different people had different opinions of him. I didn't think he was a troll but he didn't seem to have any personality, he was like a humorless robot. He did like to personally attack people though, him and Afro.

For some reason I'm getting "Palma Wrestler". I don't really remember why but something to do with wrestling was associated with him. Not WWE or w/e I mean real wrestling. Maybe his name was originally Palma Wrestler and then later changed to Palma, I don't really remember though.

Just be thankful you never met Sandy. He was the most annoying trollish loser I've ever seen online.

If you go to members and check users with most rep/posts you will find most the old skool guys who weren't banned.

I used to fight with a lot of those guys everyday. Almost all of them were about personally attacking people instead of talking about MMA.
    Last edited by leedogg900; 02-12-2010 at 06:47 AM.

double post oops

...Sandy still posts here from time to time. This site had a lot of intelligent posters when I first signed up.....not say there are not intelligent posters now,but you would hardly ever see a troll pop up back then.
    ...I missed all of the fireworks that caused the mass exodus of old posters,as I was not a free man for 6 months.....nothing bad...lol. What did cause a lot of them to leave and start mmaspot ?...anyway people do need to lighten up sometimes,but hey so do I.

There was fighting over banned members and people becoming mods from what I remember. It's funny because back then I was good friends with one of the mods and he used to PM me and tell me to talk shit to Palma and Afro, so I did.

Also, I went to mmaspot and created a troll account and chirped the shit out of them. They traced my IP or some shit and found out who I was, now they hate me with a passion.

I remember the old days lol. I did not really post that much back then with the job I was working. But I do remember almost every other post was a "Pride v. UFC" topic. That or every single thread slowly became a Pride v. UFC topic.

Palma and I hard a weird way about each other. We would either agree on everything or disagree to the point we would send insulting PMs back and forth.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information