Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MMANews History

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrye View Post
    Dr. MMA is one of the best posters I've seen on the whole net.
    Yes, and Dr. MMA. I could have sworn I mentioned him. Then you, Mac, RH, Rivet, etc. are cool dudes

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    That's just laughable. Even the mmanews administrators will admit that for the most part they are surrounded by idiots. In fact, some of the mods/admins, KnowledgeKnown, and Massacre are the only posters I can even think of off the top of my head who actually know wtf they are talking about.
    Says the guy with the MMA Spot logo in his sig.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Says the guy with the MMA Spot logo in his sig.
    MMA Spot has by far the more knowledgeable posters, and our mods/admins here, regardless of their issues with specific posters over at MMA Spot, will admit that the quality of posts over there is far superior than over here because the ratio of good posters to shit posters is much better than the ratio here. Don't get me wrong, I like this site and enjoy talking/debating with intelligent guys like DonFrye, Ramma, Rivethead, Mac, etc.

MMA News has a hand full of knowledgeable posters, but the post/discussion quality at MMA Spot is consistently better. But guys like KnowledgeKnown, Dr. MMA, RH, Ramma, Mac, DonFrye, Smoogy, etc. are really smart cool dudes who I enjoy debating/discussing mma with because their posts are thought provoking.

What you don't realize is that the MMA Spot community is the majority of the quality posters from MMA News who migrated over there due to the shennanigans that took place here. Obviously this forum has grown immensely since then, and there are still the old school vets around. Is the vet forum still around over here? I'm pretty sure that shit was done a long time ago. I also remember when MMA Spot was censored over here. LOL it had to be typed M M A S P O T for it to show up.
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 02-09-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    MMA Spot has by far the more knowledgeable posters, and our mods/admins here, regardless of their issues with specific posters over at MMA Spot, will admit that the quality of posts over there is far superior than over here because the ratio of good posters to shit posters is much better than the ratio here. Don't get me wrong, I like this site and enjoy talking/debating with intelligent guys like DonFrye, Ramma, Rivethead, Mac, etc.

MMA News has a hand full of knowledgeable posters, but the post/discussion quality at MMA Spot is consistently better. But guys like KnowledgeKnown, Dr. MMA, RH, Ramma, Mac, DonFrye, Smoogy, etc. are really smart cool dudes who I enjoy debating/discussing mma with because their posts are thought provoking.

What you don't realize is that the MMA Spot community is the majority of the quality posters from MMA News who migrated over there due to the shennanigans that took place here. Obviously this forum has grown immensely since then, and there are still the old school vets around. Is the vet forum still around over here? I'm pretty sure that shit was done a long time ago. I also remember when MMA Spot was censored over here. LOL it had to be typed M M A S P O T for it to show up.
    if the spot is so much better then why do you guys feel the need to come back here and proclaim your superiority, just stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirm0 View Post
    if the spot is so much better then why do you guys feel the need to come back here and proclaim your superiority, just stay there.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Jack's right.

There are many great posters who went over there and know this sport inside and out. We also have them here.

Many are missed, few are not.

You jumped his shit for the logo and he attempted to explain to you why he feels a certain allegiance to that group. I see no harm in that whatsoever.

The thing that irritates me is the oft-fabricated animosity between the sites. Most of the guys over here have no idea why people left or why they stayed. Further, I'd wager a great deal of money that many of the posters that left went because their buddies did regardless of the thinly veiled reasoning they give that's based on virtue and wholesomeness. I could be dead wrong on that, but come on, it's an internet forum.....not the Civil Rights Movement.

I just want to talk MMA with folks who love it as much as I do.....and want to do so intelligently.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Hey, I am as cool as the other side of the pillow buddy
    he's not lying, he's pretty cool. like billy dee williams cool.

Favorite Fighters of all time: Ken Shamrock, Fedor, Guida, Barnett, Mayhem, Hendo, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Evan Dunham, Big Nog, Sonnen, Penn, Condit, Bader, Evan Tanner, Matt Serra, and of course, Chuck.

Least Favorite Fighters ever: Lesnar, Tito, Shields, Evans, Koscheck, Mir, Maynard, this new Anderson and Aoki.

I hate Lesnar now, I hated Lesnar then, I will always hate Brock Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Hey, I am as cool as the other side of the pillow buddy
    lol that was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of......
    WHAT???!!!!! sandy was fucking hilarous
    No, he was not.
    Who are you?

And what's this "was" shit?

I'm still funny. I just don't try to jump all over people for every dumbass thing they say. I'm sure if ask Limp0 nice enough he'll give let you blow him. Since we/I left he seems to think he's the big swinging dick around here.

And I love how dudes that weren't here in its hayday are the one's that talk the most shit about Spot. Apologies for not being able to quote Justin Bieber songs in our sigs or coming up with interesting usernames with our favorite fighters in the titles.

And yeah, I was the one that confirmed Audie's passing with his wife.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Thread Information