Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MMANews History

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    Oldschool:

Ah yes, when they were using the Incredible Hulk picture...

Quote Originally Posted by thefirm0 View Post
    if the spot is so much better then why do you guys feel the need to come back here and proclaim your superiority, just stay there.
    I believe it was LeftHookStroke or whatever the hell his name is that claimed his superiority first

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
    Why would I remain exclusive to MMA Spot when there are so many colossally fucking stupid people here to laugh at?

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrye View Post
    Jack's right.

There are many great posters who went over there and know this sport inside and out. We also have them here.

Many are missed, few are not.

You jumped his shit for the logo and he attempted to explain to you why he feels a certain allegiance to that group. I see no harm in that whatsoever.

The thing that irritates me is the oft-fabricated animosity between the sites. Most of the guys over here have no idea why people left or why they stayed. Further, I'd wager a great deal of money that many of the posters that left went because their buddies did regardless of the thinly veiled reasoning they give that's based on virtue and wholesomeness. I could be dead wrong on that, but come on, it's an internet forum.....not the Civil Rights Movement.

I just want to talk MMA with folks who love it as much as I do.....and want to do so intelligently.
    Right on. The main reason why I left is because a huge majority of the good posters from here left and all of the shit posters stayed, well except for Coy, Ronin/ATJLucko/Freakdog and Dimson. We got stuck with them. There are still the handful of posters here that were posting here back in 06 when this site was the tits, but there's just a much larger number of those "vets" (for lack of a better term) at MMA Spot.

Quote Originally Posted by sandywh View Post
    Who are you?

And what's this "was" shit?

I'm still funny. I just don't try to jump all over people for every dumbass thing they say. I'm sure if ask Limp0 nice enough he'll give let you blow him. Since we/I left he seems to think he's the big swinging dick around here.
    And I love how dudes that weren't here in its hayday are the one's that talk the most shit about Spot. Apologies for not being able to quote Justin Bieber songs in our sigs or coming up with interesting usernames with our favorite fighters in the titles.

And yeah, I was the one that confirmed Audie's passing with his wife.
    good attempt at spelling/burning me

since you and your jabronies left i've been doing the ball-johnson dance. everywhere i go, my balls swinging one way, johnson swinging the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    I believe it was LeftHookStroke or whatever the hell his name is that claimed his superiority first

Why would I remain exclusive to MMA Spot when there are so many colossally fucking stupid people here to laugh at?

Right on. The main reason why I left is because a huge majority of the good posters from here left and all of the shit posters stayed, well except for Coy, Ronin/ATJLucko/Freakdog and Dimson. We got stuck with them. There are still the handful of posters here that were posting here back in 06 when this site was the tits, but there's just a much larger number of those "vets" (for lack of a better term) at MMA Spot.
    Didn't you delete your old account and then make a new one here...again? Talk about colossally fucking stupid....yeah, you fit in good here
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Didn't you delete your old account and then make a new one here...again? Talk about colossally fucking stupid....yeah, you fit in good here
    Yea, I did. RH or Ramma would have reactivated my TriangleChoke account if I wanted them to, but i wanted to start fresh with a completely new account. How is that even [Iremotely[/I] stupid?

LOL see what I mean? Dipshits like this nimrod are what keep me at least lurking here

[QUOTE=JacktheRipper;794060]I believe it was LeftHookStroke or whatever the hell his name is that claimed his superiority first
    [QUOTE]

Lol whatever dude I claimed superiority first? I gave my opinion on the top three sites that I use, I said Overall MMAnews(IMO) was the best and you gotta get all butt-hurt over it? lol W/e Jackthedicker, see I can make childish remarks too! weeee that was so much fun lol

Sherdog is the best when it comes to the news, but their posters/trolls are just too much to deal with. The spot has solid posters dont get me wrong, but as far as fresh topics and their news itself goes, it sucks. You know this, thats why you keep coming back here when your bored. I stand by what I said, MMAnews is overall the better site, guess I just clamied my superiority! WETF that means.

Ah yes, when they were using the Incredible Hulk picture..
    Lol Yes! I remember that thing lol I remember when they changed er over to. Thats some old skool ish for yeah

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Leftfootstcrook
    Lol whatever dude I claimed superiority first? I gave my opinion on the top three sites that I use, I said Overall MMAnews(IMO) was the best and you gotta get all butt-hurt over it? lol W/e Jackthedicker, see I can make childish remarks too! weeee that was so much fun lol
    I wasnt bothered by your statement. I was just pointing out that the ratio of good posters to shit posters over here is prettttty bad, and I also pointed out how the mods/admins here are surrounded by idiots. One of those mods has posted in this thread, and he damn sure didn't deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook
    Sherdog is the best when it comes to the news, but their posters/trolls are just too much to deal with. The spot has solid posters dont get me wrong, but as far as fresh topics and their news itself goes, it sucks. You know this, thats why you keep coming back here when your bored.
    LOL, MMASPOT.NET and MMANEWS.COM are probably the last two mma sites I go to for the sport-related news. MMANEWS is widely known as an infected, disease infested site. There's info about that in a thread somewhere. Actually I think those posts were being deleted by some of the admins as they were being posted. I know they are quoted over at mmaspot though. I don't mind posting here at the forums because I like some of these guys, and some of the guys' posts are very thought provoking. What actually made me decide to create a new account here was someone from mmaspot deciding to post a few times here and he came back and just couldn't believe how far down the shitter the quality of the posts here have gone. I had to see for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook
    I stand by what I said, MMAnews is overall the better site, guess I just clamied my superiority! WETF that means.
    The site is a cesspool for viruses. It's definitely not superior.

edit: if the whole clickspark thing has been cleared up then somebody fill me in. I'm just going on what I know, but obviously there may be new info i'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaspot poster View Post
    I managed to get a copy of what that guy posted on here before it is deleted again

This is what he said, it's probably taken down by now:

Since you are in such an explaining mood maybe you can explain this tous all:

Both forums.mmanews.com and mma news.com are owned by a company called "ClickSpark, LLC" that has a website called "clickspark.com".

Here's what McAfee's top reviewer had to say on there siteadvisor webpage (clickspark.com | Web Safety Ratings from McAfee SiteAdvisor ) about them -

"ClickSpark, LLC claims to be a "leading performance-based internet marketing company." Perhaps they should have used the term "misleading" rather than "leading." ClickSpark likes to diversify - some of their scams include:

• 247mp3s.com (unlimited music scam)
    • anyphonetones.com ("free" ringtones)
    • canceriq.org (bogus health information)
    • coolringmobile.com ("free" ringtones)
    • free-cell-ringtones.com ("free" ringtones)
    • hoodianrg.com (bogus dieting information)
    • just-pay-shipping.com (free gift scam)
    • payday-cash-direct.com (bogus loans)
    • lowratescan.com (bogus loan and financial advice)
    • musicsitereviews.com (bogus music downloading reviews)
    • taxdebtcure.com (bogus tax advice site)
    • unitedtel.com (bogus phone service provider)
    • weight-loss-review.com (bogus dieting information)

The intent of these scams are varied, including:

• selling something that is available elsewhere for free
    • obtaining sensitive personal information
    • misleading billing through your home telephone number

Their "payday-cash-direct" scam is particularly egregious. See my review here:

pay...935 | Web Safety Ratings from McAfee SiteAdvisor

ClickSpark claims that their address is 300 Hylan Dr in Rochester, NY. See my review of their unitedtel.com web site for an explanation of why this is very unlikely.

uni...844 | Web Safety Ratings from McAfee SiteAdvisor

There is no shortage of charlatans on the web today, including CashEngines, Interactive Brands and PlatinumPartner. It is safe to add ClickSpark to this list."

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about the people that own this place you new staff members now all work for.

Did anyone ever find out who was responsible for these shenannigans last summer?
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 02-14-2011 at 06:16 AM.

I've been posting here for almost 5 years and I havnt got a single virus or been set up for a scam ever. I dont even get pop ups, and if I did get one about ringtones or weightlose I wouldnt click it, on any site.

Regardless, I like it here and obviously many other do.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

But did everything get resolved with the Clickspark scam, or does Clickspark still own mmanews? Also, where does Boone tie into Clickspark, and whatever happened to Howie?

Thread Information