Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the UFC have an open weight tournament, and who should be in it?

Default Should the UFC have an open weight tournament, and who should be in it?

This is a 2 part thread. The first part is would you guys be interested in a UFC open weight tournament? Do you think the UFC should have one and would it do any good for the UFC? The next part is, even if you are against the idea, which 8 UFC fighters would you like to see compete in the tournament? Remember size is not everything. jiu-jitsu can work wonders for someone with a size disadvantage. Also for the most part littler guys would make up for power with speed. Oh and everyone has to fight, no friends BS
    THE AXE MURDERER

2. Default

For the first part, NO the UFC should not have a openwieght turney. Because Lets say Carwin and BJ got matched up. Bj is the better fighter but he could not handle the 8 inch reach prob plus the power prob plus if Carwin got on top it would be over.

Size is a mutherfucker.......lol

next part if it, the UFC (current roster)happened my 8 would be......

Machida
    Anderson
    Brock ( i hate this but he is in it)
    Cain
    Carwin
    BJ ( got to love the dude)
    Mir
    and GSP

Just my thoughts and trying to fair by weightclass
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I don't think it would be a good thing for the UFC to have an openweight tournament. I'm sure there would be a lot of backlash from people who hate MMA and it wouldn't really prove that much as far as who is better because the big guys have a huge advantage. If they were to have one however, I would want to see BJ, GSP, Thiago Alves, Anderson Silva, Couture, Rampage, Lesnar and Mir.

No.

5. Default

Not at all. Why would they do this and who would it benifit? What would the winner get?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Not at all. Why would they do this and who would it benifit? What would the winner get?
    to see who is really really the best and also the winner gets say 2 million for winning.
    THE AXE MURDERER

Hell, why not.

I'd say no, for the same reasons others are saying. But my eight would be...

Anderson
    Machida
    Rampage
    GSP
    BJ Penn
    Lesnar
    Liddell
    Mir

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    A hand made quilt sewn by Dana himself.

I vote No.

I would go with....

Never mind I just realized how bad of idea this is, there is no way this could be competative save for a few fights. The quality and skill of fighters these days would mean the size would play such a huge factor when it comes to the HW's. Bj could win it if it was a open up to 205 tournament.

Alistair Overeem is a Dutch kickboxer who looks like someone at Marvel comics drew a man genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend.
    | KenFlo | The Prodigy | Kos | Fitch | Sadollah | Bisping | Griffin | Evans | The Truth | Mir | Overeem |

it sucks having open weight tournaments now a days because we have come a long way since UFC 1. Everyone has evolved.
    i heard that Mir is walking around at 295. how can you put Mir vs BJ? its insane having 100 pounds on a guy.
    but this is who i would have.

anderson
    gsp
    bj
    mir
    machida
    shogun
    fitch
    mousasi(even though he is not in the UFC yet)
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Thread Information