Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Rankings For MMANews.com Are Now Up!

Default Updated Rankings For MMANews.com Are Now Up!

http://www.mmanews.com/page.php?page=rankings

Let the debating begin, although if i do say so myself i think these are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Cruz
    http://www.mmanews.com/page.php?page=rankings

Let the debating begin, although if i do say so myself i think these are pretty good.
    Yeah I agree these look pretty good myself but it's interesting how Rick Franklin was ranked #1 in the MW division before his fight with Silva and now he's ranked #6. Anyways I know rankings mainly go off how many fights they've had recently and how many wins. I mean this is why Chuck is ranked #1 in the LHW division. It's not who you think should be #1 based off what you see, it's based off recent fights for the most part. But anyways not everyone is gonna agree, always different opinions.

i'll never understand how tito is always ranked better than rampage, i know tito is more active, but he hasn't beat anybody good just tuf's. i'm a fan of both but if they fought rampage would beat him. and if franklin goes from first to sixth because of 1 loss, how does aa still make the top ten.
    Last edited by tapper; 11-29-2006 at 09:50 PM.

I think they are pretty close.

I wouldn't have Vera as 8 in HW maybe he's in the top 15, he still hasn't fought anybody though.

Lindland, is top 3 or 4 not doubt, but certanly not #1, his last fight was a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanda
    Anyways I know rankings mainly go off how many fights they've had recently and how many wins.
    If this is the case then how in the world do you explain Marquardt being number 7 as of right now. I just dont see it. He's been inactive forever and he's number 7!

Other than that, I thought it was a very fair ranking. Good to see Vera jump in the mix

I agree with most of the rankings except for Aurelio being ranked above "Shaolin" Ribeiro. Aurelio has lost 3 out of his last 6, and Ribeiro is 16-1 with wins over Kawajiri, Ishida, and Hansen.

Also I would put Werdum over Arlovski. There's no reason for Arlovski to still be rated so high. He's lost his only 2 fights this year, and hasn't won a fight since over a year ago. Werdum has a better overall record at 9-2 and has beaten J.O.E., Overeem, and Aleksander this year, with his only loss coming to Nog.

Other than that it looks pretty good to me!

Only real problem I have is Shogun over Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by UFCfanatic
    If this is the case then how in the world do you explain Marquardt being number 7 as of right now. I just dont see it. He's been inactive forever and he's number 7!
    what do you mean Marquardt's been inactive forever? He just fought last month on a UFN. The guy hasn't lost a fight in over 3 years. He's the MW King of Pancrase. He has 2 wins over Misaki who is currently ranked #4 and just won the PRIDE WWGP. He has wins in the UFC over Doerksen and Salaverry, who are both solid fighters. I have no problem with Marquardt being rated that high personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatts35
    I think they are pretty close.

I wouldn't have Vera as 8 in HW maybe he's in the top 15, he still hasn't fought anybody though.

Lindland, is top 3 or 4 not doubt, but certanly not #1, his last fight was a loss.
    Lindland's last fight was against Horn and he whooped his ass!

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

HW - Sylvia and Vera doesnt belong there and AA should be ranked lower just based his inactivity. Sylvia w/o belt wont be in that ranking.

LHW - I would put Chuck at #2 behind Shogun and thats WAY too high for Ortiz. He should be the basement of LHW.

MW - I wouldnt put Lindland that high. I would put him at maybe #4 or #5 and I think Kang should be at least #6 despite his recent loss. But I guess stats rule in these things.

WW- I just want koscheck off that list until he does something.

LW - Aurelios seems high to me but otheriwse alright.

Pound for Pound - I see St.Pierre#2 and Crocop#3. Matt hughes at #7? Really? Wow...I dont think he belongs on that list....

Thread Information