Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 88

Thread: Updated Rankings For MMANews.com Are Now Up!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    you can't be serious...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua
    nah man I was just stating my reason for believing he should be there. No need to apologize buddy. I wasn't trying to talk down on you or anything. It's not like Marquardt has been the most active lately at all. I believe he's only has about 2 fights this year. I'm basing it more on what he's done in Pancrase and his young UFC career. He's got a fight coming up with Lister in January, should be a good one!
    Oh there is a BIG reason to recognize my mistake. I was only hoping i made it back and edited it before somebody called me on it. I had Quarry on my mind because one of my friends was talking about how he could take Franklin now. Obviously, I definitely argued that one as well. I guess it just carried over to this board. Marquardt is totally deserving of that spot. I think he and Jon Fitch are probably the best unknown fighters in the UFC right now. Hopefully, the fight with Lister will boost him more with the average fans.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    with koscheck on there potential must weigh the scales in some way. I have no problem with koscheck being on the list and wouldn't be adverse to seeing bisping. Also, do you guys think UFC just got lucky with having so many top welterweights or was it their plan to build up from there? I hope I said that right

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    I don't think Kos belongs there at all...I'd much rather see Serra at #10 and Diaz at #9, that would make a lot more sense to me.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit
    Shogun is better than Silva. And Chuck. Also, Bisping should be on there some place...

    Whatever you say buddy.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFCfanatic
    Oh there is a BIG reason to recognize my mistake. I was only hoping i made it back and edited it before somebody called me on it. I had Quarry on my mind because one of my friends was talking about how he could take Franklin now. Obviously, I definitely argued that one as well. I guess it just carried over to this board. Marquardt is totally deserving of that spot. I think he and Jon Fitch are probably the best unknown fighters in the UFC right now. Hopefully, the fight with Lister will boost him more with the average fans.
    haha yes, Quarry on there would be funny. I don't think the guy is that bad, but he's had alot of bad luck with injuries, and then they threw him in there with Franklin too quickly. I heard since then he's had some major back problems and stuff. I hope he can recover because he seemed like a pretty good dude on the show.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,662

    Default

    i think Kang deserves little higher...i think he'd beat hendo and franklin...

    and no Bisping doesnt deserve top 10...not yet neway
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

    "If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaistylist
    with koscheck on there potential must weigh the scales in some way. I have no problem with koscheck being on the list and wouldn't be adverse to seeing bisping. Also, do you guys think UFC just got lucky with having so many top welterweights or was it their plan to build up from there? I hope I said that right

    Pride doesnt have WW and Koscheck doesnt belong there at all. Neither does bisping. The dude was just kidding.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howie3045
    i think Kang deserves little higher...i think he'd beat hendo and franklin...

    and no Bisping doesnt deserve top 10...not yet neway

    Kang should be at least#6 and he can beat Franklin for sure but I dunno about Hendo.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatts35
    I think they are pretty close.

    I wouldn't have Vera as 8 in HW maybe he's in the top 15, he still hasn't fought anybody though.

    Lindland, is top 3 or 4 not doubt, but certanly not #1, his last fight was a loss.

    No he knocked out Horn in his last fight. If you're referring to his fight prior to that wih Rampage that was a VERY controversial split decision loss plus it was at LHW not MW.

    EDIT: NM i see someone answered this already later in the thread. lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •