Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buentello to Face James Thompson

Default Buentello to Face James Thompson

Source: MMAWeekly.com....

According to sources, Stirkeforce has signed British fighter and Pride veteran James Thompson to face Paul Buentello next week. The bout highlights a card already featuring Josh Thomson, Duane “Bang” Ludwig, Tony Fryklund, Vernon “Tiger” White, Bobby Southworth, Cung Le and more.

Despite a disappointing loss to Andre Arlovski at UFC 55, that has been Buentello’s only loss in his past nine fights. He headlined the last Strikeforce card in October, knocking out David “Tank” Abbott in just 43 seconds.

Thompson is a multi-time Pride veteran with an 11-5 record. But, he is coming off of a three-fight losing streak and will be looking to try and make a turnaround at the Triple Threat event. Buentello will be a tall order, however.

--end article--

I still wish Buentello would of stayed in the UFC since the HW division needs all it can get. Buentello was a top contendor in the UFC HW div too.

I see Paul getting a KO victory in this fight.

What happened with paul Vs allistar?

Default Buentello by KO

Buentello by KO. Why isn't he back in the UFC yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaisq11
    What happened with paul Vs allistar?

allistar backed due to injury

he'll be back in UFC, unless of course he doesn't want to go back and strikeforce really takes off.

5-6 in sig/av bets. I'm the Ross Pointon of Sig bets

paul by ko, ive met paul a few times through a freind and i really like the guy, i dont understand how he goes from a hw title shot to a prelim fight now hes not even in the ufc. it boggles my mind they need him bad and he is very exieting to watch!!!

Thompson was KOed by Fujita and Buentello is a better striker then Fujita.

Buentello by KO, round 2... strikeforce is putting together some pretty good cards. Definitely worth watching this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker
    Thompson was KOed by Fujita and Buentello is a better striker then Fujita.
    That is true but Fujita also has hit Fedor with the biggest punch out of any of his opponents, it nearly folded Fedor.

Fujita has tons of power and one of the best chins in MMA, he took huge knees to the head from Mark Kerr and most recently, huge punches and a bunch of kicks to the face from Wand.

Therefore Fujita is able to stand in the pocket with anyone and exchange where as Buenetello is not, if he comes out swinging against Thomson he might get folded but Thomson is not very skilled so I see Buenetello winning rather easily.

Thread Information