Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tito says his fight with Chuck still on and that he never left TUF 11

Default Latest Tito news

Will former UFC light heavyweight champions Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell fight for a third time following the 11th season of Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter?

"Yes, I am," Ortiz told SI.com via text message late Wednesday. "Unless Chuck gets hurt."

Reports surfaced this week that Ortiz injured his neck during the taping of TUF 11 and, as a result, would be replaced by Rich Franklin at UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver, B.C., this despite UFC president Dana White tweeting Sunday that "nothing happened to Tito." White also declared Franklin was scheduled to fight Randy Couture, yet on Wednesday a source close to Couture told SI.com that nothing was finalized.

Was Ortiz's appearance on TUF 11 cut short?

"Nope," said the 34-year-old fighter, who returned to the UFC last November with a new contract and dropped a split decision against Forrest Griffin.

Ortiz, 15-7-1, confirmed his release from an Orange County, Calif., hospital on Tuesday after losing 15 pounds due to what he called a "bad" case of the flu.

It has been a wild stretch for the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" and his girlfriend, former adult film star, Jenna Jameson, who gave birth to the couple's twin boys Monday, seven weeks earlier than expected.

"She is OK now," he said. "This has been a rough week for us."

Saul Soliz, Ortiz's longtime trainer, told SI.com on Tuesday that he was finalizing plans for their upcoming training camp to prepare for Liddell, who, on the bad end of consecutive knockout losses, makes his first appearance in the cage in over a year after openly contemplating retirement.

In two previous fights with Ortiz, first in 2004 and then again in '06, Liddell (21-7) won by technical knockout.

Read More: Tito Ortiz denies rumors, reports of injury - SI.com - Mixed Martial Arts

Looks like the rumor mill really swirled out of control on this one.
    Minimalisim, it's the least you can do.

Not surprised. Good read. Always have to wait and see to get the truth.

Im so fucking confused! Maybe tito is helping dana out for a cover up, so there is some surprise to the show? Or maybe it was all just rumors

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeD View Post

No kidding

Who knows what the hell is going to happen. Dana could be keeping this quiet to get more ratings in the future. I would rather see Franklin fight Randy then Chuck. Then again if Tito is hurt I wonder who will be fighting Chuck?

Im getting a little annoyed with all this TUF 11 pre-show drama myself. I bet it's all a big scam to get the buzz going. Why cant we just hear nothing at all and wait for the show? or hear something confirmed? Im just getting tired of all this "He said, She said" Bullshit.

IF he does fight Liddell this will just be another excuse when he losses.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

ok wait, so according to this she didnt miscarry?????

but didnt she herself say she had a misscarriage?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeD View Post
    Will former UFC light heavyweight champions Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell fight for a third time following the 11th season of Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter?

"Yes, I am," Ortiz told SI.com via text message late Wednesday. "Unless Chuck gets hurt."

Reports surfaced this week that Ortiz injured his neck during the taping of TUF 11 and, as a result, would be replaced by Rich Franklin at UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver, B.C., this despite UFC president Dana White tweeting Sunday that "nothing happened to Tito." White also declared Franklin was scheduled to fight Randy Couture, yet on Wednesday a source close to Couture told SI.com that nothing was finalized.

Was Ortiz's appearance on TUF 11 cut short?

"Nope," said the 34-year-old fighter, who returned to the UFC last November with a new contract and dropped a split decision against Forrest Griffin.

Ortiz, 15-7-1, confirmed his release from an Orange County, Calif., hospital on Tuesday after losing 15 pounds due to what he called a "bad" case of the flu.

It has been a wild stretch for the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" and his girlfriend, former adult film star, Jenna Jameson, who gave birth to the couple's twin boys Monday, seven weeks earlier than expected.

"She is OK now," he said. "This has been a rough week for us."

Saul Soliz, Ortiz's longtime trainer, told SI.com on Tuesday that he was finalizing plans for their upcoming training camp to prepare for Liddell, who, on the bad end of consecutive knockout losses, makes his first appearance in the cage in over a year after openly contemplating retirement.

In two previous fights with Ortiz, first in 2004 and then again in '06, Liddell (21-7) won by technical knockout.

Read More: Tito Ortiz denies rumors, reports of injury - SI.com - Mixed Martial Arts

This seems fishy too me because of the article saying Jenna gave birth to the twins on Monday. Weren't they born last year. I thought she lost another different pregnancy.

9. Default

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality. WTF is going on?
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

i stand by my earlier post in a different one of these tito ortiz threads

this is nothing more than hype for the fight at 115. the huntington beach bad boy returns from injury to face his arch rivial. and now when he loses he has an excuse built in before the fight instead of like the forrest fight when he claimed the day before that he was 100% percent then when he lost that he was injured

Thread Information