Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts om Inside the UFC w Joe Rogan?

Default Thoughts om Inside the UFC w Joe Rogan?

I caught the first episode of Inside the UFC last night. Joe's a good host... I've always thought that he was a part of bringing the MMA sport to mainstream entertainment. My wife always says that he's the best announcer out there... because he always explains what's going on really well... so she can understand.

Anyway, they had GSP and Matt Sera on. Nice guys, as we all now that they are.

GSP was trying to be nice but, I think both he and Sera know that Matt's chances are pretty slim in the WW title fight.

The format was interesting in that Joe really didn't pull any punches when speaking of the fight breakdown, inticating that GSP looked superior on paper. Matt got fired up, in a nice way and tried to sell the fight. These two guys are mature, level headed adults so, there really was no tension, even thought they're gonna met soon.

Lets get Tito and Chuck out there on the next show... I get the impression that there is a little animosity between the two and I hope that Joe will stir the pot a little....

Default INSIDE THE UFC (Spike show) Last night.

Did anyone catch "inside the UFC" on spike last night?

I was a pretty good show, but was too short and could really use some better production. Joe had a top ten KO by punch segment, injury update on Shrek. They talked about a the Syliva vs Monson fight, the Shrek win and the Silva Franklin fight. The way they edited it, they basically made it seem like all those fights were on the same card. Joe Rogan interview Matt Serra, and then brought in GSP. He asked them about the upcoming fight. Both guys were nice, and Serra said he loves to be the underdog.
    He said he'd rather fight Hughes because he likes GSP and again said Hughes is a jerk.

Joe interviewed Dana White for like 2 min. Joe asked Dana about trying to consolidate all the best fighters in the world to make sure that the UFC champ is the best fighter anywhere, not just the UFC. Dana said that he has been trying to do that for like 5 years, but it hasn't worked out. He said that in 2007/2008 that's all going to change and promises to have all the fights that the fans want, with fighters from outside the UFC. Also said a lot of people underestimate Tito in the Chuck fight.

Joe said that if anyone matches up great with Anderson Silva, it's Lutter. Dana said that Joe is the only one that has said that, and he agrees.

Over all it was decent, but could be better in a hour format. Everything was way to rushed. It was like it was filmed a while back, then the quickly added updated news and interviews in at the last sec.

JOIN THE TRIGG RESISTANCE!!!

I merged these threads since they are about the same thing. I tivoed the show I'll watch it tonite.

The show did seem to finish fast. It should be an hour.

I thought it was a good show, but just a little knit picking here.......I thought the camera work and lighting was a little amaturish.........
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

I think it be a pretty good show but it was ova b4 I could even finish my blunt!

I watched this show at midnight last night. It came off a little bit low budget, but wasn't too bad.

It's worth watching if you're in front of the TV.

I pretty much echo what's been said, however I did find it a little on the "dull" side.

I watched most of it. Rogan apparently just tells it like it is, which is pretty cool. He's clearly not afraid of offending anyone. I agree that the show should be an hour and the quality of it was kinda low, but it was interesting...missing something, but interesting.

The show was ok. it was their first effort so i'm sure it will get better. I was happy to see it was very up to date going over the 65 card's highlights.

Dana interview was not bad they talked about the lutter sliva fight and how they match up. Dana is really giving Lutter a chance (at least he's playing to the hype) Dana said that they had big things planned for 07-08 and that he wants to give the fans all the fights they have been asking for, he did mention cross overs and not caring where they happen. and that once again it wasn't him, but they should be making them happen. check the ufc site they are rerunning the show again.

then joe sat down with serra to talk about the gsp fight. he couldn't usndertand why people were so quick to count him out and said that he was going to come out for a fight. gsp came out they both were very compimentative of each other and respectful. serra agian called hughes a dick and wnet into alittle more detail. aslo stating he'ld rather fight hughes simply because its better to punch a guy and choke a guy out you don't like.

all and all the show was ok. i think they need alittle work. the show seemed alittle stiff and quiet. maybe rogan needs a cohost. a segment outside their studio (which was very nice) would help aswell. to bad for them couture is hooked up with the fight network.hopefully they can build it into an hour. and maybe get a better time slot for it.

Thread Information