Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are MMA fights fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanda
    Yeah that fight sucked lol. All that build up and it was over so fast because Ken tried kicking up high and then slipped and fell on his back. Rich jumped on him and pounded his face till the ref stopped it... the end. Wow really boring.

true but shamrock also almost got rich to tap, and i believe did shred some ligiments in his foot if i am not mistaken.

maybe it wasn't shamrock. im talking about this fight where the fighter just slips for no apparent reason. it looked really fake. i swear i thought it was shamrock.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Sure there are fights that COULD be fixed but thats just like any other sport. There are football games that COULD be fixed or boxing matches or hell tennis matches. Any sport can be fixed but most people cry work all of the time for no reason.
    Are MMA fights fixed?
    There have been 2 different suspensions/violations of MMA fighting events being "fixed"

Like any sport, it *can* be.
    But it has not proven to be a major factor in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    maybe it wasn't shamrock. im talking about this fight where the fighter just slips for no apparent reason. it looked really fake. i swear i thought it was shamrock.
    on UFC 65 theres a fight btween two guys (i forget there name, second fight of the night i believe) and the guy just slips randomly near the end and gets pounced, i don't know if thats what your refering to lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon
    on UFC 65 theres a fight btween two guys (i forget there name, second fight of the night i believe) and the guy just slips randomly near the end and gets pounced, i don't know if thats what your refering to lol
    no it was an older fight, a few years back i think

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Thread Information