Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Are MMA fights fixed?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    81

    Default

    well thats what happens when you dont knock or submit the bitches out

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I'm sure many boxing fights have been fixed, so what makes MMA so different? If somebody is offered a lot of money, or threatend with his life, he'll take a dive.

    This is a third hand story but, my dad's best friend's cousin has faught in smaller MMA promotions and says a lot of the promotions are extremely shady. He wouldn't go into how they are shady, but hinted towards steriods, and money. Take that how you want, I'm just going by what I've been told.

    Not to get flamed for bringing up pro wrestling, but it at one time, way back when, it was legit.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I think that ounce a fighters will has been broken he starts looking for a way to get it over with and that sometimes looks like a fixed situation but, really he has just been beatin up to the point that he has had enough, so he gives up an easy choke, or offers up an arm.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tipperary
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timhensley
    I think that ounce a fighters will has been broken he starts looking for a way to get it over with and that sometimes looks like a fixed situation but, really he has just been beatin up to the point that he has had enough, so he gives up an easy choke, or offers up an arm.
    Id have to agree
    some peolpe seems to think coleman gave up a arm against fedor in last fight.
    I think colemans spirit was broke due to lack of support and getting whipped.
    I think it was a good submission, just cause ti wasn't as fluid or fast as one in first fight, lets remember these are HWs
    Last edited by adriandmangan; 12-01-2006 at 08:36 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Port City Canada
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    I dont think they are now but if the WWE buys out PRIDE i think wecould deffinatly see it

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tipperary
    Posts
    354

    Default

    God, don't say that, what will i watch then, DVDs

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Naw, fools wouldn't train 6 days a week jus ta throw a fight, I know if I was gonna be in a fixed fight, I would jus play madden all day an fade on some OE 800.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Jackson
    Naw, fools wouldn't train 6 days a week jus ta throw a fight, I know if I was gonna be in a fixed fight, I would jus play madden all day an fade on some OE 800.
    Yeh and id be chizzilin up in da hood at me hizzouse sippin some sizzurup gettin throwed and crizzunk.

    haha jk... im just messin with ya

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,763

    Default

    what about Ken Shamrock. i think it was his fight against Rich Franklin where he "tripped" during the fight on purpose. Im not 100% sure if it was that fight or not. People were really pissed.

    Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

    "However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    what about Ken Shamrock. i think it was his fight against Rich Franklin where he "tripped" during the fight on purpose. Im not 100% sure if it was that fight or not. People were really pissed.
    Yeah that fight sucked lol. All that build up and it was over so fast because Ken tried kicking up high and then slipped and fell on his back. Rich jumped on him and pounded his face till the ref stopped it... the end. Wow really boring.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •