Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are MMA fights fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanda
    Yeh and id be chizzilin up in da hood at me hizzouse sippin some sizzurup gettin throwed and crizzunk.

haha jk... im just messin with ya
    That is one of the funniest posts I have read on ANY message board community at any time.

Yeah that fight sucked lol. All that build up and it was over so fast because Ken tried kicking up high and then slipped and fell on his back. Rich jumped on him and pounded his face till the ref stopped it... the end. Wow really boring.
    you think it was fixed? or was shamrock just being...shamrock lol

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

no wait wrong fight. i just rememberd thats not the fight im talking about.

i remember Shamrock not even going for a high kick. he just stepped forward and slipped.

anyone know which fight im talking about?

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

both shamrocks have too much ego to take a dive!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelK
    That is one of the funniest posts I have read on ANY message board community at any time.
    haha hey I try man.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    no wait wrong fight. i just rememberd thats not the fight im talking about.

i remember Shamrock not even going for a high kick. he just stepped forward and slipped.

anyone know which fight im talking about?
    I found it for yall. It's the Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale. Ken kicks high and slips then it seems like he just gives up and doesnt even defend himself so Big John stopped it. I remember watching this at the time and we were pretty pissed to wait so long for that outcome haha. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CmwX240PxU

...then Ken had 3 more losses after that fight as we know. Sad to see a legend that had submitted Bas Rutten on 2 occasions go downhill like that.
    Last edited by BigBanda; 12-01-2006 at 10:32 PM.

I found it for yall. It's the Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale. Ken kicks high and slips then it seems like he just gives up and doesnt even defend himself so Big John stopped it. I remember watching this at the time and we were pretty pissed to wait so long for that outcome haha. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CmwX240PxU

...then Ken had 3 more losses after that fight as we know. Sad to see a legend that had submitted Bas Rutten on 2 occasions go downhill like that.
    It was the ultimate fighter 1 finale. If the fight was a dive, only Shamrock knew about it because it was the UFC's very first live event on TV. Not exactly the best time to plan a worked fight.

Shamrock claims that he had a scratch on his eye from a glove or something and couldn't see and that's why he didn't defend. But Shamrock always has an excuse so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    It was the ultimate fighter 1 finale. If the fight was a dive, only Shamrock knew about it because it was the UFC's very first live event on TV. Not exactly the best time to plan a worked fight.

Shamrock claims that he had a scratch on his eye from a glove or something and couldn't see and that's why he didn't defend. But Shamrock always has an excuse so who knows.
    ah it was TUF 1, some reason I was thinking Chuck and Couture were the coaches for 1, my bad.(its all coming back to me now haha). Yeah Shamrocks performance was pretty bad. I wonder if Franklin felt bad for making Ken look that bad lol. Frannklins career took off even more after that fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint

Plus, Shamrock ate quite a few hard shots.

Little if any. PRIDE has admitted they have done some "worked" matches in the past. Have you ever seen the Coleman/Takada fight in PRIDE 5? Definately predetermined.

Thread Information