Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pride DOESN'T test for steroids?!

Default Pride DOESN'T test for steroids?!

I'm a fairly new fan so I wasn't aware that Pride did not test for steroids. Don't you think that diminishes Pride's credibility as an organization and also makes you wonder about wich fighters are using or not. What if you found out Fedor was on roids or another one of you favorite fighters was doping. That would absolutly destroy me as a fan. I'm a huge MMA fan and I believe these guys need to be totally clean to earn my total respect. I don't want to be one of those negative assumers but I would like to think that they are all clean unless they test positive. But how do you know if there is no testing.

theres obvious signs and I hate to tell you this.. but tons of MMA fighters have taken steroids before, tons.. but not many do it frequently.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Malice Guest

90% of MMA fighters use anabolic steriods, this is the figure I have read on many occassions.

Basically anybody with huge muscles is or has used steriods. Coleman, Monson, Randleman...and some that don't are using them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    90% of MMA fighters use anabolic steriods, this is the figure I have read on many occassions.

Basically anybody with huge muscles is or has used steriods. Coleman, Monson, Randleman...and some that don't are using them too.
    90% is a huge overestimation. There are probably a very high number that have used them at some time and a medium range number that are using now but not 90%.

Lots of guys juce or use to so what!! Tell me a sport where it doesn't happen....And I don't mean fake sports like bowling and golf...(yes Golf is not a sport it is a skill big difference)

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch
    Lots of guys juce or use to so what!! Tell me a sport where it doesn't happen....And I don't mean fake sports like bowling and golf...(yes Golf is not a sport it is a skill big difference)
    That doesn't justify it. It just means there needs to be more testing.

Malice Guest

This is just one source, there are more. This is a really good interview with Trainer X (steriod pusher)

T-Nation: In MMA, Pride, UFC etc., are all the fighters juicing?

Trainer X: I'd never say "all." At the higher level of the sport, I'd guess 90% or more are using. I think many of them are using reasonable doses and not staying on all the time. Obviously, certain fighters have styles that are more strength based so they're likely to use more than the technical fighters.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...geNo=-1#bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    This is just one source, there are more. This is a really good interview with Trainer X (steriod pusher)

T-Nation: In MMA, Pride, UFC etc., are all the fighters juicing?

Trainer X: I'd never say "all." At the higher level of the sport, I'd guess 90% or more are using. I think many of them are using reasonable doses and not staying on all the time. Obviously, certain fighters have styles that are more strength based so they're likely to use more than the technical fighters.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...geNo=-1#bottom
    But that is even an admitted guess on his part without any real backing. I would have to hear it from a fighter.

Malice Guest

There is an interview recently by Aleks Emelianenko basically saying that there is a great numbee that are using...basically "anyone with big muscles" he said and I agree.

the thing is so many people have taken steroids there really is no disadvantage, 9 times out of 10 your gonna be fighting a guy that has taken steroids too.. its not like baseball where you got a handfull of people taking steroids but ur surrounded by players that havent, im not saying they should be taking steroids.. im saying that no one is really getting an advantage because of it.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Thread Information