Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pride DOESN'T test for steroids?!

Malice Guest

The best thing about it is Fedor said he has not and will not ever take them, I believe Fedor.

So all these huge muscle bound guys are being trumped by a 6' tall clean guy with awesome technique and smarts.

Pay attention kids!:grinsmile26:

i remember Fedor saying he doesn't juice up. He's the russian terminator, he has no bloodstream, the juice wont do anything for him.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

WadoKai Guest

I don't think taking steroids really even makes a lot of sense, unless you're a heavyweight.

It adds so much weight to your body, that if you were on roids and able to make 205lbs, you could probably get off the juice and drop to 185 and still have a decided strength advantage.

If I had to juice to gain extra muscle/water weight to make 205, I'd just stay down a weight division.

Obviously there are gains to be had taking steroids, but like Afro said, when everyone's used them, or are using them, the advantages over other people are less pronounced.

Everyone's just stronger than natural. In the end it's still a test of skill.

Malice Guest

A lot of people take Steriods so they can recover faster after too.

By the way as far as supplements go, if your supplements (Whey for example) cost 450.00 and not 50.00 like at GNC, then you are probably getting some serious juice! LOL...Ilove that excuse "it was in the supplement I use"

Quote Originally Posted by WadoKai
    I don't think taking steroids really even makes a lot of sense, unless you're a heavyweight.

It adds so much weight to your body, that if you were on roids and able to make 205lbs, you could probably get off the juice and drop to 185 and still have a decided strength advantage.

If I had to juice to gain extra muscle/water weight to make 205, I'd just stay down a weight division.

Obviously there are gains to be had taking steroids, but like Afro said, when everyone's used them, or are using them, the advantages over other people are less pronounced.

Everyone's just stronger than natural. In the end it's still a test of skill.
    Some steroids don't cause as drastic of a weight gain. Instead they allow your body to recover faster and thereby you can train harder than you could naturally. I think these are generally the roids taken because like you said packing on excess muscle won't help you (strength and muscle mass aren't one to one)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    The best thing about it is Fedor said he has not and will not ever take them, I believe Fedor.

So all these huge muscle bound guys are being trumped by a 6' tall clean guy with awesome technique and smarts.

Pay attention kids!:grinsmile26:
    I agree, if you look at Fedor's arms they are never, ever huge, and he's a big guy. Aleks' arms are pretty scrawny also for a guy his size. It's something I've always noticed with them.
    My first PM!

Quote Originally Posted by tmatwig
    fuck you idiot

Malice Guest

Big huge arms doesn't make you strong.

Any chance Mirko takes steroids?

WadoKai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Some steroids don't cause as drastic of a weight gain. Instead they allow your body to recover faster and thereby you can train harder than you could naturally. I think these are generally the roids taken because like you said packing on excess muscle won't help you (strength and muscle mass aren't one to one)
    Ahhh, interesting. I'm no expert on the subject, just figured they were almost always used to build muscle.

The functionality you describe would be a lot more useful in MMA.

Hammer house make the move from UFC to Pride

Thread Information