Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Pride DOESN'T test for steroids?!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,077

    Default

    There are several fighters that just prove the point that skill will prevail over a roid head. Take all the roids you want but if you are not much of a fighter it isnt going to improve you much. I cant count the number of times I've seen huge roid heads taken down by the smaller guy.
    Last edited by BigBanda; 12-01-2006 at 09:21 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    the thing is so many people have taken steroids there really is no disadvantage, 9 times out of 10 your gonna be fighting a guy that has taken steroids too.. its not like baseball where you got a handfull of people taking steroids but ur surrounded by players that havent, im not saying they should be taking steroids.. im saying that no one is really getting an advantage because of it.
    I disagree. While a lot of fighters use banned substances, and while it's a lot more common than we might think, it's obvious that some fighters, like Karo Parysian, for example, choose not to. It's a disservice to the sport that a good, entertaining fighter, who may be technically better, has to suffer a loss because of a bigger, stronger opponent powering through his takedowns or his submissions. Also, it's a disservice to the fighters who win and don't juice. Pride has a lot of strong fighters, but the question always arises: are they that strong only because they use banned substances? This doubt diminishes the achievements of all Pride champions.

    Competition presumes an even playing field.
    Last edited by Bobcat1; 12-01-2006 at 09:26 PM.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gemini522
    I'm a fairly new fan so I wasn't aware that Pride did not test for steroids. Don't you think that diminishes Pride's credibility as an organization and also makes you wonder about wich fighters are using or not. What if you found out Fedor was on roids or another one of you favorite fighters was doping. That would absolutly destroy me as a fan. I'm a huge MMA fan and I believe these guys need to be totally clean to earn my total respect. I don't want to be one of those negative assumers but I would like to think that they are all clean unless they test positive. But how do you know if there is no testing.
    Let's make it a steroid day.
    If steroids could be taxed, everyone would accept them.

  4. #24

    Default Come on

    Come on man. Is that little fragment about roids all you got out of that article. How about "The NSAC testing is unreliable". Or, the NSAC is unreliable.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat1
    I disagree. While a lot of fighters use banned substances, and while it's a lot more common than we might think, it's obvious that some fighters, like Karo Parysian, for example, choose not to. It's a disservice to the sport that a good, entertaining fighter, who may be technically better, has to suffer a loss because of a bigger, stronger opponent powering through his takedowns or his submissions. Also, it's a disservice to the fighters who win and don't juice. Pride has a lot of strong fighters, but the question always arises: are they that strong only because they use banned substances? This doubt diminishes the achievements of all Pride champions.

    Competition presumes an even playing field.
    This fucking conversation.... You cant tell who uses roids. If Tim Sylvia takes roids its like putting purfume on horse shit. If you have good genetics and you use roids you look like randleman. If you blood dope you look like Lance Armstrong. Boxing is riddled with them and tests dont always tell the tale. Any time you pay people large amounts of money to be combative there is always going to be steroids. It means paying the bills for these guys. UFC is abundent with steroid users and blood dopers and insuline and human growth hormone takers. MMA isnt golf and its not a gentlemans sport so quit romantisizing it by thinking its pure.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    There are so many ways to beat the tests, lots of fighters juice, Monson is juicing without question. They just don't juice all of the time. Tim Sylvia was jucing when he became champion by defeating Ricco (he was not tested in that fight but was in his next fight against that can Gan McGee and he failed that so oviously if he is goign to roid for a can like Gan he roided for Ricco who was at the top of his game at that time).

    Barnett was caught 5 years ago, Bonnar, Nastula, Kimmo, Vitor, etc.

    Those are only the people that were caught, I would venture to say that barely any ever get caught, just like in any other sport.

    Look at baseball (one of the worst sports but a good example) and look at Barry Bonds and Look at david Ortix from the Red Sox. That guys was fat as fuck, look at him now, he's just huge and muscular, obviously he'd been doubling up on his roid intake.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartexe3
    Any chance Mirko takes steroids?

    I would think hes a really prideful person and wouldnt lower himself to that, like the emelianenkos. i think cro cop was a anti terrorist special forces member or something to that effect and i think he has integrity and wouldnt use. cant say for sure though

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    90% of MMA fighters use anabolic steriods, this is the figure I have read on many occassions.

    Basically anybody with huge muscles is or has used steriods. Coleman, Monson, Randleman...and some that don't are using them too.
    There is no way way a figure would come in that high. Where did you read this because something is bullshit here.

  9. #29
    Malice Guest

    Default

    I posted my sources... read the thread dude!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    171

    Default

    randy said it best when he lost his belt to barnett, randy didnt seem to care that josh tested positive. a loss is a loss

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •