Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Octagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Why wouldnt of assuerio won? if he had Tim Sylvia on the ground he would of beaten him, that fight was close standing.. scoring a takedown woulda pushed the decision to assuerio's side, plus Assuerio is a BJJ fighter, and hes 6'2 IE: Reach advantage wouldnt matter on the ground.. he could of submitted Tim or GnP.

There is no reason for the ref to take Wandy's hands off the rope when the fights gonna end in a split second anyways
    the decision in that fight was no where near close and that take down attempt was very late in the 3rd round i believe and i dont think assuerio could have pulled anything out in time to win a decision.

but to me its not about all that, its cheating on both occasions and i think its wrong to do.

Why wouldnt of assuerio won? if he had Tim Sylvia on the ground he would of beaten him, that fight was close standing.. scoring a takedown woulda pushed the decision to assuerio's side, plus Assuerio is a BJJ fighter, and hes 6'2 IE: Reach advantage wouldnt matter on the ground.. he could of submitted Tim or GnP.

There is no reason for the ref to take Wandy's hands off the rope when the fights gonna end in a split second anyways
    agree100%

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    the decision in that fight was no where near close and that take down attempt was very late in the 3rd round i believe and i dont think assuerio could have pulled anything out in time to win a decision.

but to me its not about all that, its cheating on both occasions and i think its wrong to do.
    how the hell was Silva cheating? he didnt use the ropes to get Kondo down, the ropes didnt help him stomp Kondos face in, if his hands were off the ropes he still woulda stomped Kondos face in.. how is it cheating? the ropes didnt aid him at all.

Tim Sylvia didnt have much of an edge in the standup battle vs Assuerio it was close.. a takedown woulda gave ASsuerio the win, and either way Tim wouldnt of gotten up if Assuerio took him down.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

how the hell was Silva cheating? he didnt use the ropes to get Kondo down, the ropes didnt help him stomp Kondos face in, if his hands were off the ropes he still woulda stomped Kondos face in.. how is it cheating? the ropes didnt aid him at all.

Tim Sylvia didnt have much of an edge in the standup battle vs Assuerio it was close.. a takedown woulda gave ASsuerio the win, and either way Tim wouldnt of gotten up if Assuerio took him down.

its ilegal to use the ropes in any way shape or form, so is cheating. and im sorry watch that fight again assuerio was loosing all rounds clearly... and about tim not getting up if assuerio took him down, thats wat the snowman said...

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    its ilegal to use the ropes in any way shape or form, so is cheating. and im sorry watch that fight again assuerio was loosing all rounds clearly... and about tim not getting up if assuerio took him down, thats wat the snowman said...
    Snowman had him down for a good while what are you talkin about?

Assuerio would of beaten Tim if he took him down, how can you sit there and claim that if Tim didnt grab the ropes Assuerio woulda won and then turn around and get mad at Wandy for grabbin the ropes when it had nothin to do with the fight.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Snowman had him down for a good while what are you talkin about?

Assuerio would of beaten Tim if he took him down, how can you sit there and claim that if Tim didnt grab the ropes Assuerio woulda won and then turn around and get mad at Wandy for grabbin the ropes when it had nothin to do with the fight.
    i never said assuerio would have won if tim didnt grab the ropes! infact i said he would have lost a decision either way. and im not mad im jsut saying there both a form of cheating...

I think as far as Silva using the ropes goes it gives him a fairly big advantage, just because as long as he's holding the ropes he can throw his hips into his kicks as much as he wants and never lose balance . Maybe without the ropes he wouldn't lose balance and fall over or anything like that but he's still going to need reset himself and throw less kicks or kick softer so he doesn't lose his base .

Thread Information