Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pride's New play-by-play announcer

WadoKai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    he's actually a huge fan of the sport and has stated that he would've liked to have competed in MMA (much like Joe Rogan) but he is just too old now. He also, along with Bas and Quadros annouced Pride Shockwave 2002, I think that was their biggest gate sale ever as there were 91,000 people in attendence.
    It's getting fashionable for all pro wrestlers to say they would like to join, or would've liked to have joined MMA. I'm sure it'd be just as easy to find someone worse than Bill Goldberg to call, as it would be to find someone better.

Ugh, it almost sounds like you're associating that huge turnout with Bill Goldberg being there to commentate.

WadoKai Guest

Making fun of his background? He speaks Portugese, give the man a break, he could break your legs and face with absolute ease.

He speaks pretty good English, look at Fedor, Aleks, the Nog brothers, A. Silva, and many others.

The best fighters in the world don't speak English, they are Russian and Brazilian and no surprise, look at their backgrounds, you better be a bad mofo if you are raised in Russia or Brazil, you have no choice.
    Yeeeah, I'll agree with this guy. Taking jabs at someone because English isn't their first language is pretty lame.

It's old, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by WadoKai
    It's getting fashionable for all pro wrestlers to say they would like to join, or would've liked to have joined MMA. I'm sure it'd be just as easy to find someone worse than Bill Goldberg to call, as it would be to find someone better.

Ugh, it almost sounds like you're associating that huge turnout with Bill Goldberg being there to commentate.
    Not at all, the huge turnout was because of the Bob Sapp vs Big Nog fight and the Sakuraba vs Cro Cop fight.

Now there are lots of Pro wrestlers stating that they would liek to compete in MMA but Goldberg was the first one, he spoke about it years ago and actually had the skills to do really well in the sport IMO, he was a beast and was very quick for a man of his size.

WadoKai Guest

Not at all, the huge turnout was because of the Bob Sapp vs Big Nog fight and the Sakuraba vs Cro Cop fight.

Now there are lots of Pro wrestlers stating that they would liek to compete in MMA but Goldberg was the first one, he spoke about it years ago and actually had the skills to do really well in the sport IMO, he was a beast and was very quick for a man of his size.
    Yeah, I dunno. Regardless of what this never-was could've been, he's still not a voice I'd want synonymous with Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by WadoKai
    Yeah, I dunno. Regardless of what this never-was could've been, he's still not a voice I'd want synonymous with Pride.
    Yes, his vocal skills are pretty bad. He does make some great sound effects like at his most recent event WFA King of the streets where Bas fought Rueben and when Bas landed a leg kick Goldberg went "WHAM".

It was classic, I couldn't stop laughing, but yeah, he's no good.

Thread Information