Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomps and Soccer kick allowed in HONOLULU, HAWAII

Default Stomps and Soccer kick allowed in HONOLULU, HAWAII

HONOLULU, HAWAII – Frank Trigg took Jason “Mayhem” Miller’s 185-pound Icon title last night at the Blaisdell Arena in Hawaii. In somewhat of an upset, Trigg defended a choke attempt by Miller early on in the fight, but came back to do damage with a solid ground and pound attack teamed up with stomps and soccer kicks. The fight was stopped midway in the second round due to the soccer kicks that Trigg was landing. (The fight was fought under rules similar to the Pride Fighting Championship where such kicks are legal.)

The win marks Trigg’s comeback after he toyed with retirement earlier in the year after a loss to Carlos Condit at Rumble on the Rock. The fight also notes his emergence in the 185-pound middleweight class after having fought previously in the welterweight class at 170 pounds.

For Miller, the loss is his first in Hawaii after an eight-fight win streak there. It is also only his second loss in his last twelve fights, having lost to UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre in April of last year.

Trigg!! good for him
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus
    In somewhat of an upset, Trigg defended a choke attempt by Miller
    Best quote ever!

Ok guy what do you not understand about the fact that Trigg is a good fighter and that he just had a few bad losses to CHAMPS durring a time when he was having problems with his now EX-wife??? These things effect your game. I predict alot of people will be eating some crow in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch
    Ok guy what do you not understand about the fact that Trigg is a good fighter and that he just had a few bad losses to CHAMPS durring a time when he was having problems with his now EX-wife??? These things effect your game. I predict alot of people will be eating some crow in the next couple of years.
    who are you talkin to? lol

I am a Trigg fan, the guy is a good fighter.. I just wish he were better when he fought Hughes those fights were great! and Hughes was awesome in them but Trigg was puttin a beating on Hughes and coulda finished him if he were just a little better.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

um... what? Did my post offend you or something? lol it's called a joke - I am happy for him. I did predict RNC to Miller though...

^(joke)

my bad Afro. I just get tired of all the Trigg Jokes by newer fans that hadn't seen him rise an whoop all that ass.

I just get tired of all the Trigg Jokes by newer fans
    If you're referring to me I would like to know why.

Nope unless it refers to you it is a generalized statement. Does it refer to you??? If so go watch some of his old fights.

Nope unless it refers to you it is a generalized statement. Does it refer to you??? If so go watch some of his old fights.
    Re-read the thread and you will see that it appears to be aimed at me (nobody else made a joke). Since I have practiced martial arts for approaching 20 years, I would have been a little offended at being called a 'newer fan' but since you were just ranting generally that's cool buddy, if a little elitest.

Thread Information