Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P90X for strength and conditioning!

Default P90X for strength and conditioning!

So, I am day 4 today, Yoga day. And I think the workouts are amazing! I am supplementing P90X for my strength and conditioning over weights and calystatics. one of the guys I roll with has done p90x and p90x+ and got bigger, more ripped but most importantly a lot stronger, his upper body strength is immense for his weight class, walks around at about 180 (as do I except I am a LW guy when I am in shape). Anyone else has used this? It might not be the best for body builders but for grapplers and muay thai guys i think this is a very solid work out program. I normally do it first thing in the morning and BJJ in the eve.

p90x is good, but go to spartacusworkout dt com for a great strength and conditioning program - free 4 week program

I was stuck around 220 pounds for about 2 months.. I went to the gym everyday, but I wanted to cut the weight. I started p90x to get past that hump i was in. I did it for a month and a half, skipped the Yoga X days, and followed my own diet. After a month and a half I got sick and missed a week and a half of it. I decided to stop doing it not only because i got sick.. but I reallllyyy missed the gym and going to work out with everyone. When I went back for the first time in 2 months 4 days ago.. i weighed in at 213. So I did what I wanted to do. I'm keeping ab ripper x and Plyrometrics in my workout routine. Those 2 are crazy brutal.
    "I don't know when it will happen, but it's inevitable that I will lose." - Fedor Emelianenko

Russell "The Careless Whisper" Rife - Superman punching your face

I run a small business where we work outside doing manual labor.I hired my brother-in-law to come work for me,and he is a P90Xer.Now,when I hire guys,I am usually wearing them down out in that Texas summer heat.But this dude..This dude was kicking my ASS.So yeah,I'll be investing in a copy myself

it is insane I just finished the first 3 weeks and am onto the recovery week. Granted I only began to eat right about a week ago, I have lost 8 lbs (down to 173.5 and 10lbs away from my target 160 for BJJ tourneys) looking nice and ripped the only thing kicking my ass right now is the Yoga part...shit is no joke, I do yoga as it is (last time I went to my mom's friend's school was 6 months ago and I was able to do an hour no problem) but here I do 30 mins (of the 1.5 hours) and I am sweating balls and feeling the stretch. but it's siick! I recommend this for anyone and everyone.

there's a lean version for simple weight loss, cardio central.

there's a p90x+ for elite athletes and getting back into top athletic form!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    it is insane I just finished the first 3 weeks and am onto the recovery week. Granted I only began to eat right about a week ago, I have lost 8 lbs (down to 173.5 and 10lbs away from my target 160 for BJJ tourneys) looking nice and ripped the only thing kicking my ass right now is the Yoga part...shit is no joke, I do yoga as it is (last time I went to my mom's friend's school was 6 months ago and I was able to do an hour no problem) but here I do 30 mins (of the 1.5 hours) and I am sweating balls and feeling the stretch. but it's siick! I recommend this for anyone and everyone.

there's a lean version for simple weight loss, cardio central.

there's a p90x+ for elite athletes and getting back into top athletic form!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post

30 days in down to 171 from 189 ish.
    Sounds like it's working well for you 18lbs in 30 days is quite a bit.

It's hard to for me to tell the weight loss in those pics in all honesty. If you get down to your target weight of 160 post the 189 and 160 pic. Might see more of a difference. Also instead of using the camera flash (if you've got one) get a bright long lamp behind the camera and aim it downwards towards yourself so there will be shadows cast from your muscles if you want to see muscle definition, it might help.. Or maybe even a side profile shot

Anyways you definitely peaked my interest in the P90X.

I have just finished my first week of this. I was a little reluctant to try the yoga and even thought about skipping it, but it was by far my most difficult work out of the week. I was sweating like crazy, and was pretty much spent in the first 50 min. It is going to be difficult to complete the entire 1.5 hour workout, but I am going to try again in the next cycle.

Overall, the workouts are intense and I really enjoy it. With exception of the Kenpo at the end of each workout I have felt like my body has used all of its energy. It's a great feeling!

How much equipment do you need for P90X? Really just 2 dumbbells or more?

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    How much equipment do you need for P90X? Really just 2 dumbbells or more?
    You need dumbells, pull up bar or stretch bands, and a chair. That is pretty much all that you need.

Thread Information