Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible virus on site??

Default possible virus on site??

hey guys, not sure who to tell, but anytime i click on a post or forum i get a message from my internet security about a virus trying to load. my antivirus detects it and denies it access but i thought it might be something you guys want to look into. i tried to get a screen shot of it but it doesnt stay up long enough to screen shot it. this is what is says on the screen

virus HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

it only happens while im on this site and it only started this morning

Mine was doing this - think it was one of the ads. I just ignored it.

I just wonder why the site is affiliated with virus laden sites?

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    Its not uncommon at all for advertisers to sneak in shady material. I had a friend who runs a gaming company who had the same problem with ads. I helped him out on a few occasions by monitoring ads and reporting them.

I wish I kept in touch with him...he is worth several hundred million dollars now even though his game sucks :-P.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Its not uncommon at all for advertisers to sneak in shady material. I had a friend who runs a gaming company who had the same problem with ads. I helped him out on a few occasions by monitoring ads and reporting them.

I wish I kept in touch with him...he is worth several hundred million dollars now even though his game sucks :-P.
    I see... BTW what game did your friend make?

I see... BTW what game did your friend make?
    Runescape

I used to play it during class in high school because I was a slacker and the TA was a friend of mine. Lost touch with him after I sold my account and gold for about $650. Used to bounce ideas off him and get scoops about upcoming content while it was in development.

I was a little off on the money...he was worth 143 million in 2007. His personal character is Ignite and the mod account was just Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Runescape

I used to play it during class in high school because I was a slacker and the TA was a friend of mine. Lost touch with him after I sold my account and gold for about $650. Used to bounce ideas off him and get scoops about upcoming content while it was in development.

I was a little off on the money...he was worth 143 million in 2007. His personal character is Ignite and the mod account was just Andrew.
    Is it safe to play? What I mean by that is will I get hit by some spam or wormy email for joining?

I only get the virus page when I want to make a thread...I was trying to do the Lashley Injured thread way before it was posted, but I just decided to let it go...

Is it safe to play? What I mean by that is will I get hit by some spam or wormy email for joining?
    Its safe.

because it is owned by ClickSpark LLC which is known for shady enterprises & scams

Thread Information